Be careful where you purchase suppressors!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    As an outside observer who is getting more and more into Class III toys:

Regardless of the cause of the issue (and it sounds like both the retailer and the manufacturer share culpability), the most important thing is the customer being taken care of. It sounds like that is being done.

In this one person's opinion, the last couple pages of content of this thread reflects poorly on SniperCompany, Huntertown Arms and 21st Century.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    To me it doesn't appear 21st did anything wrong at all. They simply came in and made an offer to someone that was going to shy away from NFA. Britton did not badmouth anyone and he sure as heck didn't try to steal a sale, since he was offering something for free to keep someone from leaving NFA.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    To me it doesn't appear 21st did anything wrong at all.

In my opinion, his willingness to step up to take care of the customer was awesome.

What was "wrong" was him going after ShaunB for saying his reasons for no longer carrying Huntertown products, besides this event, "might be considered personal reasons not business".

britton said:
    If you have personal problems with Steve then you have personal problems with me.

I'm all for people "defending" their friends...but everybody in this business should be wearing their big boy pants 100% of the time and not need their friends to come in and defend their honor.

If 21st wants to ensure a crappy experience doesn't sour somebody new to Class III, that's awesome and makes me want to be a customer of them. But I find it highly inappropriate for their management to become publicly very involved in a dispute between two businesses and businesspeople that frankly isn't his business...friend or not.

Again, just one guy's opinion.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    But I find it highly inappropriate for their management to become publicly very involved in a dispute between two businesses and businesspeople that frankly isn't his business...friend or not.

It is my business. 21ST Century Firearms is a Huntertown Arms dealer and AGS Is the distributor for Huntertown Arms so any false information about Huntertown products cause damage to my business. Was I a bit to harsh with Sniper Company, maybe, but you don't have customers coming in your shop telling you about the comments that their employees make about my business. I think I have said enough on this thread, but I will leave with one comment, I have and will no matter what stand by my friends, if that causes my business harm then so be it. My friends are more important to me then my business.

Now I off to deal with the 5000 pound tree that crashed through my roof yesterday destroying part of my house.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    WOW...this has all the drama of a Discovery Channel Made for TV "Reality" show! :)::popcorn:

Conflict between different dealers and manufactures aside, I did find it odd that suddenly the OP arrived on INGO and his first and only posts were stirring up crap about the situation. We've seen that before where either a shadow account suddenly pops up when it comes to promoting / demoting local dealers. :dunno:

OH, and IBTL.:ingo:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    WOW...this has all the drama of a Discovery Channel Made for TV "Reality" show! :)::popcorn:

Conflict between different dealers and manufactures aside, I did find it odd that suddenly the OP arrived on INGO and his first and only posts were stirring up crap about the situation. We've seen that before where either a shadow account suddenly pops up when it comes to promoting / demoting local dealers. :dunno:

Not quite, where's the hotties????? :):

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Belive you me, i never new anything about all this. TRUST ME IF I HAD I NEVER WOULD HAVE POSTED. I just want my suppressor. by the way thanks for the support. i hope your next class III goes good for ya, just becouse i dont have 6000 posts on here dosent mean it aint true.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Belive you me i never new anything about all this TRUST ME IF I HAD I NEVER WOULD HAVE POSTED. I just want my suppressor. by the way thanks for the support. i hope your next class III goes good for ya, just becouse i dont have 6000 posts on here dosent mean it aint true.

I hope you get it too...sounds like a bad deal all around.

Mine (YHM Phantom QD) has been waiting patiently at my local dealer (ACME) for me since about mid-February. Based on Nikki Dudash's turn around time, I should get to pick it up sometime in mid-August. :rockwoot:

firewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2012
    Wawaka
    i dont understand why sniper co. is not letting tannmanbuddyy or my self know what is going on. a simple phone call to us would have saved on all the confusion but they couldn't do it. the only reason I found out about any of this is because i called the nfa to check on the status my original serial number was not found then I went to sniper co. to check the number and was given a different one to find out it also was wrong so then had my wife call to get it once again to find out about all this. ( i work 12 hr days on the road its hard to deal with this from a truck) thank you huntertown arms for going out of the way to make things right i will purchase from you again.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i dont understand why sniper co. is not letting tannmanbuddyy or my self know what is going on. a simple phone call to us would have saved on all the confusion but they couldn't do it. the only reason I found out about any of this is because i called the nfa to check on the status my original serial number was not found then I went to sniper co. to check the number and was given a different one to find out it also was wrong so then had my wife call to get it once again to find out about all this. ( i work 12 hr days on the road its hard to deal with this from a truck) thank you huntertown arms for going out of the way to make things right i will purchase from you again.

and your are?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    and your are?
    I do believe he is the "buddy" mentioned in the OP. The way I understand it is both the OP and this guy have an ongoing problem with receiving the suppressors they purchased through SniperCo.

chump188

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I would like to make sure it is understood that these two suppressors are in the vault at Sniperco and belong to these two customers. There is no scam or rip off involved. As was stated earlier these customers purchased the suppressors and started their form 4's. It was later found that the form 3's to us from the manfacturer had the wrong serial number on them and the form 4s had already been sent to the ATF. We called our examiner at the ATF to try to figure out what we needed to do to correct this situation. We have been trying to get this fixed and make sure the paperwork is processed through the ATF correctly. I think there is the assumption that we have been just ignoring our customers and this situation completely, and that is untrue. Do we make mistakes at Sniperco? Sure, we are barely past the 6 month mark for the retail store and we have learned a lot of valuable lessons in those 6 months. We have made mistakes and unfortunately we have let a few customers down but we work hard to take care of everyone that walks through the door. We have sold dozens of suppressors that have had zero problems with the paperwork and only 2 that we are having issues with. I do ask that anyone who feels that we haven't given them the service that they expect, please stop in the store and talk to us about it. We always try to make things right and admit when things are our fault. This thread has spun out of control and everyone needs to bring the intensity down a few notches.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    If you have personal problems with Steve then you have personal problems with me. I stick by my friends come hell or high water. Damn all the money in the world, my friends are gold to me and I will stick with them through hell and beyond. Steve is an honest and honorable business man that entered this market with the goal of providing innovation and reasonably priced silencers for the masses. What other company produces a product with such a low cost and differentiation for the NFA market? Not one single one! I have put up with your companies trash talk of my store and Huntertown Arms and have not mentioned a word until now.

You and/or your employees can talk crap about me and my store, I really don't care. But when you talk crap about my friends the war starts. When you go to work tomorrow look at that bit of land just North of the Cracker Barrel and close to the equipment rental business on Washington Center, say hello to 21St Century Firearms #2!

I think you need to reconsider some of your friends if they are telling you we trash talk you. It is not tolerated in our store. We also do not tolerate employees ego's either. The only thing ever said about Hunter town Arms is that the cans work well and we no longer carry them. That is it nothing more.
    If I find out an employee says something negative about another store it will be dealt with. We send people to 21st, Freedom, Gander Mountain, and Bud's all the time, so you may want to find better sources. If your source wants to come in and tell me which employee said something I'm willing to listen and investigate. I don't just take what anyone tells me to be the truth, that is why I sent you a PM to discuss it. We don't play games and we don't talk **** about other companies or products. I hope this silly thread doesn't steer customers away from 21st, Hunter town, or SniperCo. Unfortunately there are fan boys on each side and the damage is done. I just wish people were more upstanding these days and take up issues face to face instead of going to the internet. This was all solved until the OP became confused and instead of calling back or stopping in, he went to INGO. Just so everyone knows he called after my first post and was pleased and apologized. I just wish he would have posted that here.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville

As I told tmanbuddyy, the issue was taken care of and we were under the impression that the ATF corrected the issue so you could be updated. As far as we were concerned there was no longer an issue. Once you had issues your wife called and so did tmanbuddyy. I explained the issue to both of them. Unfortunately tmanbuddyy was told some incorrect information from other people and went to the internet to air it out instead of calling me back or coming in face to face. I'll tell you what I told him, I'm more than happy to refund your money if you like, no one ever said we refused. Or you can wait til the examiner gets to your form and I will write in your correct serial number. I take this personally because I have time invested in correcting the issues so the two of you would receive your can in a timely manner. I appreciate the apology from tmanbuddyy but he caused a lot of damage on here by posting before getting the facts. Considering the ease of posting the first time, I would hope he would post the outcome of our conversation. I'm honest and live by principles, before I accuse you publicly of wronging me I will get all the facts first and then deal with you face to face. This is the very reason I left AR15 and barely get on INGO, too many people hide behind a keyboard or air their laundry on the internet. No one seems to deal with each other in person anymore . Come on people. Please let me know what you decide to do.

chump188

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Sniperco has decided to step it up for NFA items and in July we are going to give away a Huntertown Arms B22 suppressor. Not only that, but we will pay your tax stamp as well. Stop in the shop anytime during the month of July and put your name in. No puchase is required. This is only for in store customers and not valid for the online web store. We will draw the winner at the end of the month.

Top Bottom