Be careful where you purchase suppressors!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    This is my first post on this site, been a long time reader. Hopefully you guys/girls can take it easy on me. The reason for this post is out of frustration and by recommendation of the company that manufactured my suppressor or shall we say my imaginary suppressor. Comments are welcome of Corse. Maybe after a few discussions in this post I can elaborate on more details of my situation. Meanwhile on with the story. The establishment that sold me my suppressor and a buddy has our paper work so messed up I doubt I will ever see it. Basically what happen is this (yes many details in-between) this establishment sold us suppressors, Had the wrong paper work for the silencers and never bothered to verify. Moral of the story be cautious of were you buy a suppressor. Just because they can sell them doesn’t mean they are qualified. In fact the manufacture of the suppressor we purchased dropped the business because they had messed things up so bad.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Please elaborate. Who was it? Fellow gun owners always want know to who to be leary of. Especially class III stuff.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    tmanbuddyy,
    I heard about your situation with the dealer in question. Next time you are interested in a class three item please think about us. Yes, we have made mistakes, but promise if we do we find a way to make it right. A dealers first priority is customer service, it should be number one. The can you bought should be the can you get and if it were me I would simply ask for my money back out of principle.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Sorry to hear it, best of luck to you on trying to get your suppressor or get your money back. I am interested in knowing who this is. I would hate to get caught up in a mess like that.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    the NFA community being so relatively small, you really didn't accomplish anything with this thread. no offense, but without details on who/what kind of messup/other details, then this thread is pretty useless.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So someone jacked up the paperwork? You have no suppressor or money back? Are they still in business? You won't out them after this? Please let us know the business. Like VUPDblue said, the Class III community is too small to not out someone. I'm not trying to be an ass, but who's to say it doesn't happen again because someone wasn't called out?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    As someone who is thinking about going through all of the BS to get a suppressor very soon, I would love to know more details.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I got screwed on a suppressor purchase years ago. the ass clown who ran the business in question was the subject of my wrath for a long time. his name still sets me off to this day...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    the NFA community being so relatively small, you really didn't accomplish anything with this thread. no offense, but without details on who/what kind of messup/other details, then this thread is pretty useless.

+1 here.

At least giving the name of the person who screwed you might do two things.

1. Steer others away from doing business with this company and thereby not get screwed.

2. It might get the company's attention.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    getting a suppressor works one of two ways from a store front:

1) They have the suppressor in stock, you pay for it, they hold it. You send the paperwork to the BATFE for approval. You get approval and go pickup your can.

2) They don't have the suppressor in stock. You order it, and (typically) pay for it. The shop orders the can, and paperwork is sent in for the shop to get approval to get the can. Once the can arrives at the shop, then they hold it while you file forms with the BATFE and wait for approval.

So which paperwork was screwed up???

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    tmanbuddyy,
    I heard about your situation with the dealer in question. Next time you are interested in a class three item please think about us. Yes, we have made mistakes, but promise if we do we find a way to make it right. A dealers first priority is customer service, it should be number one. The can you bought should be the can you get and if it were me I would simply ask for my money back out of principle.

AH YES, just the support I needed......... I’m glad this info is benign spread. I would love to say F U and get my money back but honestly I don’t know how the atf has no record of the serial number for the suppressor and I don’t honestly really know what it is. I called Huntertown arms and I believe the serial number they gave me is correct but have already had 2 others and the same goes for my buddy. the other thing is this has gone on for 6 months already.......................the business you ask <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<FORT WAYNE IN>>>>>>>>>>>>>> i hate to say to much they could make my waight longer just out of spite pm if you really need to know

Last edited:

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    from what i understand sniper co messed up the transfer paper work from the silencer manufacture. but still sold us the silencers our paperwork was flawless other than the mystery serial num.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    getting a suppressor works one of two ways from a store front:

1) They have the suppressor in stock, you pay for it, they hold it. You send the paperwork to the BATFE for approval. You get approval and go pickup your can.

2) They don't have the suppressor in stock. You order it, and (typically) pay for it. The shop orders the can, and paperwork is sent in for the shop to get approval to get the can. Once the can arrives at the shop, then they hold it while you file forms with the BATFE and wait for approval.

So which paperwork was screwed up???

Personally, i would ONLY use method 1) to eliminate several ways to get screwed.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    from what i understand sniper co messed up the transfer paper work from the silencer manufacture. but still sold us the silencers our paperwork was flawless other than the mystery serial num.

Did they intentionally "make up" a number for the paperwork, or was it a simply a transposition of numbers due to a clerical error?

If it was the former, I'd be reporting it and getting my $$ ASAP.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Did they intentionally "make up" a number for the paperwork, or was it a simply a transposition of numbers due to a clerical error?

If it was the former, I'd be reporting it and getting my $$ ASAP.

transposition of numbers due to a clerical error? i belive this is the prob. dont actually know this is my first suppressor (most likey last due to situation the last) i've been reasured this hole thing will only cause a week or so delay. When i called huntertown town arms they knew of the situation were very understanding. sounded like some bad blood. they told me their were many other prob witch is why they arent dealers for them any more

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If I were you, OP, I'd DEMAND your money back.

By chance, did you pay via a credit card? You could pursue action via them.

Or, should it move to that, small claims court.

-J-

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Don't let one bad situation turn you away from NFA. There are many reputable dealers out there. Stick with the good guys. I use SSNFA as I have always had great dealings with Corey. There are many others that have used many of the other reputable Class III dealers here in Indiana. But with your experience with Sniper Co, I wouldn't do business with them anymore. Don't let this discourage you from buying Huntertown suppressors either as they are a great company and I'm sure if the error was on their part they would ensure they made it right.

Top Bottom