Be careful where you purchase suppressors!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    The customer did call me today and is still being taken care of. Im glad Huntertown and 21st are so eager to give free items to the customer without knowing the whole story. Maybe you guys on INGO should create threads on here and complain about Sniperco, looks like you will get a free suppressor and free cores by doing so. Funny thing is I was a loyal customer to 21st until working here obviously but I continue to send customers to 21st Century anytime we do not have an item and 21st Century does. Im not sure why 21st thought it was professional to comment on the thread without getting the facts first. If a customer makes a complaint about another dealer, we do not comment on that post and offer the customer a beter deal, freebies, or try to sweet talk them away. That is extremely unprofessional and unfortunate. The internet is not a place to bash another competitor.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The customer did call me today and is still being taken care of. Im glad Huntertown and 21st are so eager to give free items to the customer without knowing the whole story. Maybe you guys on INGO should create threads on here and complain about Sniperco, looks like you will get a free suppressor and free cores by doing so. Funny thing is I was a loyal customer to 21st until working here obviously but I continue to send customers to 21st Century anytime we do not have an item and 21st Century does. Im not sure why 21st thought it was professional to comment on the thread without getting the facts first. If a customer makes a complaint about another dealer, we do not comment on that post and offer the customer a beter deal, freebies, or try to sweet talk them away. That is extremely unprofessional and unfortunate. The internet is not a place to bash another competitor.

21st Century made the offer when no one knew who the other dealer was so I do not see the problem with their offer.

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    There are always two sides to a story, and the truth lies somewhere in between...

So what happened? The form 3 was correct, the cans were wrong. A simple check of the serial number on the suppressor against the serial number by the dealer on the form would have caught the error that same day...

We ship over 2,000 suppressors a month. We are among the largest suppressor manufacturers in the country, and we do it right here in Indiana...

So what all went wrong here?

Honestly the truth is that you brought us suppressors that were not ours and we sold them not knowing. I do believe my staff should have checked the Form 3's and there is no tolerance for that. You sir should have never let those suppressor leave your facility without checking the numbers.

That is the main reason I chose to not order any more of your products, do not try to tell people that you chose not to do business with us.

I do not bad mouth you or deter customers from buying your products. If a customer asks for them I send them to 21st Century.

I am sure you are very busy selling 2,000 suppressors a month that you could have missed a couple. I have noticed you have made a habit of bad mouthing your competition. Manufacturers spreading lies and exaggerations about there product is something I have had to deal with nationally in this industry. This is something we do not need to do and I refuse to.

As for SilentRX they have not been able to produce a single suppressor to us and we are not doing any business with them either.

Our examiner told us that she would take care of this customer and a couple others that got messed up. She promised that there would not be any significant delays in processing the paperwork. Again we took it for granted and should have done our own due diligence by following up a month later.

For what it is worth I do not have to gain new customers by putting down anyone, it has worked for us being polite and humble.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Which is more likely, a company choosing to quit doing business with another company because the second company is badmouthing them? Or is it more likely that a company quits doing business over a one time mix up?

:popcorn:

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Which is more likely, a company choosing to quit doing business with another company because the second company is badmouthing them? Or is it more likely that a company quits doing business over a one time mix up?

:popcorn:
    here is a story for you...

I said main reason, not the only reason. Steve was standing in my store and I told him we sold all the of the products we ordered from him. He asked if I wanted him to start paperwork on more suppressors, I told him again we sold all of the suppressor we ordered from him. My name is on our my companies FFL and I am responsible for anyone who makes a mistake, including manufacturers.

I was as polite as I could be and have always been with Steve even though he goes out of his way to insult others in the industry. I wish Huntertown Arms the best, I chose not to carry their products in our store as I do with other manufacturers.

To answer you question I do not tell stories, but your more then welcome to come in and meet me if you haven't.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    here is a story for you...

I said main reason, not the only reason. Steve was standing in my store and I told him we sold all the of the products we ordered from him. He asked if I wanted him to start paperwork on more suppressors, I told him again we sold all of the suppressor we ordered from him. My name is on our my companies FFL and I am responsible for anyone who makes a mistake, including manufacturers.

I was as polite as I could be and have always been with Steve even though he goes out of his way to insult others in the industry. I wish Huntertown Arms the best, I chose not to carry their products in our store as I do with other manufacturers.

To answer you question I do not tell stories, but your more then welcome to come in and meet me if you haven't.
    So then what are the other reasons? I'm confused. You made it sound like you were going to explain the other reasons, but didn't.

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So then what are the other reasons? I'm confused. You made it sound like you were going to explain the other reasons, but didn't.

I chose not to as they might be considered personal reasons not business. I try very hard not to get involved in the BS. The only reason I did is after the customer the OP called and told us he was happy.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I chose not to as they might be considered personal reasons not business.

If you have personal problems with Steve then you have personal problems with me. I stick by my friends come hell or high water. Damn all the money in the world, my friends are gold to me and I will stick with them through hell and beyond. Steve is an honest and honorable business man that entered this market with the goal of providing innovation and reasonably priced silencers for the masses. What other company produces a product with such a low cost and differentiation for the NFA market? Not one single one! I have put up with your companies trash talk of my store and Huntertown Arms and have not mentioned a word until now.

You and/or your employees can talk crap about me and my store, I really don't care. But when you talk crap about my friends the war starts. When you go to work tomorrow look at that bit of land just North of the Cracker Barrel and close to the equipment rental business on Washington Center, say hello to 21St Century Firearms #2!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    criteria_for_the_proper_tactical_usage_of_phrase.jpg

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't remembering seeing any of my staff say negative things about you, your store, or your friends. Did you not read that we send customers to 21st all the time?

Look here is the deal and is what has separated myself from some. If your product is or company is great then let it speak for itself. You do not need to put down your competition to try to make it look better. It is either good and works or it doesn't. I do not see things like some others, maybe it is Bc what I lack in ego I make up for elsewhere.

Welcome to Fort Wayne!

I an curious at which point you got upset? Was it after I posted the truth about why we do not sell Huntertown Suppressor?

Please forgive me for replying to your post but unfortunately we are one off the 60,000 without power in Ft Wayne and I don't have anything else to do.

(oh and btw several staff members own HT cans and love them)

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This could have been solved much more civilly and with much more understanding in person. Airing dirty laundry certainly titillates the internerd crowd but just magnifies the problem. I don't understand why the first whiner wasn't standing in the presence of the second one and really solving the problem instead of compounding it and wasting our time here. And involving the third whiner. Go do a FTF and straighten this stupidity out.

Dammed internet silliness.:dunno:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ish happens. it just sucks that all this had to happen. But thats business. I can't speak personally about Sinper Co since I live in indy but have made the journey to 21st a time or two and they are g2g. As for Huntertown, I personally don't own any Huntertown cans "YET" but I have had a positive experience with them through friends and demo shoots. PLUS there and outta Indiana which is a big positive.

Top Bottom