• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Got word this morning that a family friend in NE Indiana fell out of his treestand yesterday hunting. He couldn't move to call for help and wasn't found for 5 hours. He was life-flighted with a broken neck and still can't move from what I've heard.

I don't have many details but it certainly sounds like he could be paralyzed permanently... not good at all...

I don't know the circumstances surrounding his accident but please, if you hunt, take safety precautions, especially if you're hunting from a tree-stand.

Info about the accident can be found here: http://mymixfm.com/news/articles/20...own-life-support-after-deer-hunting-accident/

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Unfortunately my friend has passed on. He was able to talk. The accident happened while transitioning from the ladder into the treestand. Please, wear a harness and clip it on before transitioning from the ladder into the stand. An early-30's young man is no longer with us because something that could have probably been avoided.

The report I heard is that his injury was one of the worst spinal injuries the doctors had seen.

Being able to talk he was able to enjoy a little bit of time with his family and then decide on his own when it was time to unplug the ventilator. Very unfortunate.:(

Tim, you will be missed for your unfailing honesty and strong character as well as much, much more...

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    That is truly sad. Such a young life taken.

Climbing in or out of the stand is when most falls occur. Please for your's and your family's sake wear a full body safety harness attached to a lifeline from the ground up, while in the stand and all the way back down. That is the only way to stay completely safe hunting from a treestand.

My prayers of comfort for the family and friends..My heart breaks for them...

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've just been made aware by a relative of his wife (another INGO member) that he was a father-to-be as well. His family could really use some prayers...

They have my prayers for sure. I can not think of anything more tragic unless it was the loss of a youngster.

This has weighed heavily on my mind.

Evidently the young man had the compassion that he did not want live like that or more importantly, put his family through it. May God accept him with open arms.. And peace and comfort for the family and friends..

Ive passed this on at my site forum so prayers will be coming up from there too..

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So very sorry for your loss brother.

I'm a two-time treestand fall survivor (slow learner). I have no permanent injuries - so very lucky. Now I teach treestand safety in the Indiana Hunter Education program and treestand safety for NBEF. It's up to all of us to make sure our friends and family use a fall restraint device from the ground, up, and back down again. Treestand injuries and deaths are dropping drastically, but one is too many. I feel for you and your friend's family. So very sorry.

Top Bottom