• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Just wondering if there were any Smith's in Southern Indiana that do barrel threading. Going to be starting a new rifle project in a couple weeks and would like to be able to put my can on it. I'm not really sure if anyone around me does that stuff or would be trustworthy enough to do it, anybody have anyone that they have used that does good work?

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Gary Growe in Columbus is probably the best in that area! My buddy's had a couple of 700's threaded and I've had other work done by him.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Awesome, would happen to have the contact info for him. Does he do it as a side business or is he primarily a smith?

He's primarily a gunsmith to my knowledge. Bite the Bullet in Seymour sends all their work to him. I got a .22 turned around in about 2 weeks earlier this year. Give them a call.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    He's primarily a gunsmith to my knowledge. Bite the Bullet in Seymour sends all their work to him. I got a .22 turned around in about 2 weeks earlier this year. Give them a call.
    ^^

I was in at BTB last week inquiring about threading and they said they'd be happy to help get my rifle to Gary for the work.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    What is the general cost to thread a bbl? I have a 16" that I would like to thread 1/2x28. It currently has nothing.

Top Bottom