• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r.o.b.o.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Why are you fishing for carp? Do you actually eat them or do you just catch them for fun and kill or release them?

Many of the lakes that I fish ask that you not throw carp back and to kill them because they say they are bad for the lake?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    LIke I posted earlier I have ate it. It was cooked by an old river rat guy in some breading. I was 15 or 16 at the time and it was good.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I know you mentioned bottom fishing but I wanted to share my favorite bank fishing spot, since I no longer live there. :D My buddy and I would fish the White River near Jackson/Main while in Muncie as Ball State students. There is a good place to pull off the road and walk down the hill there and sit on the bank across from the PA Labs building. Stone jigs, roostertails, tubes, and jitterbugs (especially at night) would always net us some 14" - 18" inch smallmouth bass and decent sized rock bass. I've never found fishing as active as that spot. The White River is pretty filthy so we never kept what we caught and made sure to thoroughly wash our hands, but it was always a lot of fun.
    Back in the day, early 80's I lived by the river in town, on Wheeling. I would go out at night and fish and wait for this Mink to come by. He would patrol the bank every night right along Wheeling.

I would catch Smallie's from there all the way to Yorktown.

I had a friend whose quest was to catch the State record Smallie. One area he worked was the stretch above Broadripple.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If you go to the cat heads north of 30th street let me know. I will come hang out with you as I live just a few blocks north of there.

I have caught some small mouth there, don't fish for carp so I can't comment on that.
    We should all pitch in and rent the place above 30th on the river and have a BBQ and bank fishing extravaganza! I have always said I would do that and have a party there. I miss when it was open during the summer.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Why are you fishing for carp? Do you actually eat them or do you just catch them for fun and kill or release them?

Many of the lakes that I fish ask that you not throw carp back and to kill them because they say they are bad for the lake?

No I do not eat carp. Actually I am not a big fish eater period. I love to catch carp and cat because they can put up such a great fight which makes them very fun to catch.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I have always said a Carp is like a Tank with Jet Engines. I don't know of to many fresh water fish that put up a better fight. Truth be known...Carp are the most sought after fresh water fish outside of the United States. In Europe they have tournments that are as big as the BASS tournments here in the states.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    raw sewerage?

No not really...well yes sometimes.

The street drains in Indy are tied into the sewer plant. When the rains come and we have torrential down pours sometimes the sewer plant cant process the sewer and rain water fast enough. When this happens you get run off into the white river.

I dont eat anything out of the river, never ever, ever. :D

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well no I dont eat anythign out of the river either. Purely catch and release. Hey Indymonkey you really should put together a fishing / cookout day. Make it through the week though so I can make it. I do a gun show about every weekend. Nice to meet you at the Indy 1500 also.

Top Bottom