• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I know that a small contingent of our group will applaud this.

Bill O’Reilly often discusses attacks on America’s Judeo-Christian traditions as crucial battles in the larger culture wars that are going on in this country. Well, here’s something that I hope he features on The O’Reilly Factor next week.
    The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals issued an opinion on September 8th upholding a public school superintendent’s decision to ban a student group’s performance of an instrumental version of “Ave Maria” at their public high school’s graduation ceremony. The superintendent’s reason for the ban: because the song might be interpreted by some as an endorsement of religion.
    Remarkably, this left-leaning federal court sees no inconsistency between its ruling several years ago allowing Islamic prayers to be said on a daily basis in public school classrooms, and its current decision to prohibit a one-time instrumental performance of a Christian-inspired musical piece.
    What will be next on the list of banned musical compositions — The Battle Hymn of the Republic?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I can't stand to watch O'Reilly anymore...He's way too liberal to be on FOX.
    After I heard him state one time when discussing the illegal immigration problem, he said that if he knew his next door neighbor was an illegal immigrant, he would not report them because they have done nothing wrong.:n00b:

He's a dried out pervert...he tries to act like a stand up citizen, but always seems to bring some type of sexual content into his programming.
    He is definitely more of an entertainer than anything else, but I don't find it entertaining at all.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Excellent! As expected the deflection begins.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread...I just can't stand O'Reilly, with good reason.

Maybe Beck or some other more reputable host can have your topic on their program.;)

It seems the left is certainly in support of any religion that isn't Christian

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It's another example of : Your rights trump my rights.

Christmas and Easter bring this stuff to the forefront every year. All the "religions" are celebrated, but you Christains need to keep it to yourselves.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Bill O’Reilly often discusses attacks on America’s Judeo-Christian traditions as crucial battles in the larger culture wars that are going on in this country. Well, here’s something that I hope he features on The O’Reilly Factor next week.
    The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals issued an opinion on September 8th upholding a public school superintendent’s decision to ban a student group’s performance of an instrumental version of “Ave Maria” at their public high school’s graduation ceremony. The superintendent’s reason for the ban: because the song might be interpreted by some as an endorsement of religion.
    Remarkably, this left-leaning federal court sees no inconsistency between its ruling several years ago allowing Islamic prayers to be said on a daily basis in public school classrooms, and its current decision to prohibit a one-time instrumental performance of a Christian-inspired musical piece.
    What will be next on the list of banned musical compositions — The Battle Hymn of the Republic?

The California superintendent is an idiot. In Indiana, a music teacher must be able to support any piece of musical literature performed as basic to the Indiana state standards. I think there are about 5 standards that are covered by just about any piece of performance music.
    But then again, if you are afraid of hurting somebody's feelings the standards and logic are forgotten! :xmad:

Top Bottom