• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    A close friend passed recently. As we were going through his collection to divide it among the kids, I mentioned if they ever wanted to part with the Trapdoor let me know. His daughter called last night, and said if I want it it is mine. When I asked what she wanted for it, she told me whatever I thought it was worth.

So, I don't have pictures, but it is NRA good condition. The wood isn't perfect, but it is usable. It's in 45/70, and shoots OK. I'll probably have to sell something to get it, but I don't know what a fair price is for it.

Any ideas what I should give for it?

Neal

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good BP shooters, price is what Michigan Slim said. Along with everything American West they have gone up in recent years.

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I was guessing $800.00 or so. I bought some black powder a couple months ago to load some more ammo for it and my repro Sharps. If I get time to load it this week I'll shoot it with her next weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was guessing $800.00 or so. I bought some black powder a couple months ago to load some more ammo for it and my repro Sharps. If I get time to load it this week I'll shoot it with her next weekend.

Thanks for the help.
    Based on what others have said and what I have also seen that matches it, that sounds like a very fair price to his family.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I do mostly trades so value is relative. I got this one for a pistol that I had about $350 in if I remember right.

1724749177752.jpeg
    1724749311648.jpeg
    1724749546152.jpeg
    The top carbine I had to pony up $800 for but it has the desirable "key hole" butt plate.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom