• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Ok, let's see, where to begin? Last Saturday June 12th, I went to bed all was normal. Woke up Sunday morning and discoverd I forgot to lock my truck, unloaded a bunch of groceries and stuff and forgot to hit the button to lock. Which is normally second nature and a habit, I even lock my door when I park at a neighbors house to talk to them outside for 3 minutes, I always lock my door. Anyway Sunday morning comes around and I head to my truck and when i open the door, my middle console is open papers thrown around, glove box is open and emptied out with its contents scattered around. Went through everything and discovered all that was missing was about 2 dollars in change. Decided not to call the police, as there was no damage, and warned the neighbors to lock their doors.

On the following Thursday I decide I'm trading my truck in, and get a 06 Chrysler 300C, I like it alot. Traded in the truck and decided against financing and payed cash, didn't want a car note. Friday I notice a bad chip in the windsheild, and take it to the dealership they and fix it right away. As I leave the dealership a salesman was waiting for a ride to take him to the overflow lot a few miles down. I tell him to hop in, I was heading that way to fix up my insurance information. He asks have you had the chance to hit the gas yet, I say not yet but I have the chance now. So I punch it, its takes off like a bat out of hell, till it hits about 40mph then it feels like im hitting the brake, engine is still revving but not accelerating. I'm like, nevermind what I said. He says "take it right back to the shop and we'll fix it right up for you no problem." It's not fixed right up, they say they should have it fixed by Saturday, heres a loaner for you. I have no problem with that.

So I get home with the loaner and actually go to bed early, for a change, 10pm instead of 3 or 4 am like normal. I wake up nice and early about 7 am today, wait til about 830 and call my dads old girlfriend (he died-so I don't know what to call her besides my dads old girlfriend) to see if she wants to go for breakfast. She says sure, so I head outside to jump in the loaner. I notice theres some glass in the front seats, don't notice any window's broke, until I look at the back hatch(loaner is a dodge journey). The back window smashed out. I'm thinking that was a real bad storm, until I walk to the back to check out the damage and notice theres a huge rock in the back that was thrown with enough force that it hit the back seat and put a gash in the back seat and glass shards reached the front seats, front floor boards and some pieces of glass actually laying on the dashboard.

I call the polce they come take a report, take some pictures and confiscate the rock. I head out, pick up my dads old girlfriend, stop at the dealership and find out its gonna cost me $540 to fix the window, my insurance deductable is $500 so it's not even worth a claim. They fix me up with a new loaner and tell me that my car won't be fixed till tuessday. Finally get to the resturaunt for breakfast at NOON. Then head to radio shack and got a good deal on a video survalience system 2 cameras and a wirelss thingy for $200. Got home hooked up the cameras outside, hooked the wireless thingy to my vcr and am in the process of finding a tape to record. The cameras are night vision and have sound, and they give off a pretty good picture.

But it has been a nasty week for me, things can only get better from here haha. Just had to jump on here and vent, before I lost my mind.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Wow! That's rough man. Ever thought about getting a good dog? It will let you know when someone comes around. Also, a motion sensor light in your parking area might be a good idea. Just my :twocents:. Hope all goes well for you now.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ohhh man! Definitely sorry to hear about all of the trouble.

You are correct. Things will get better but NEVER EVER EVER say that things can't get worse. :)

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    We have had numerous problems with vandals. I go to the police, they tell me get a camera, record, and if anything happens, let them know. Ok... a few days go by, boom side window in van broken out with rock from drive by.

Police notified, tape shows car, its dark they cant make out the color, they don't have a plate number, only a piece of film.

Sorry to say, finally the little boogers moved on. Now, its not rocks, its paint balls. If they want to target practice choose something smaller than my MINI-BUS!!!!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I have 2 dogs, both Great Danes. They must've slept right through it to, They're getting used to the firework noises so bangs don't bother them at all. I try not to ever tempt the universe by saying things like they can only get better from here, but at this time it feels like my karma clock is running backwards, haha. I'm thinking now how to increase the cameras effectiveness, now that its dark out and I cant see past the rear end of the loaner in the driveway. But all my neighbors are on the lookout and so am I, hopefully I find who the trouble maker is. Doubt I will, but its nice to think that I will.

It's kinda of funny that the neighborhood kids(the troublemakers) who usually walk down my street all the time and cut through everyones property and stuff, haven't walked down my street at all today. A Saturday, no rain and beautiful outside. We, meaning my neighbors and myself speculate that its the neighborhood kids doing this. Oh well, hopefully they don't come back tonight.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Police confiscated the rock :laugh:

YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS, IT'S AN UNREGISTERED DESTRUCTIVE GEODE OF DEATH!

To be perfectly honest, it was a really really BIG rock. It was bigger than a softball.

And now I'm sitting here tired, and can't sleep. It's almost like I expect them to come back tonight. Its kida of cool right now though, my neighbors to the left, right and across the street have every porch light they have in the on position. The people on the right are looking out and say theyll call the police immediately. The people across the street says I'll run out with my 45. The guy on my left say's I'll run out with my rifle and pistol. So I added I'll run out with 911 on the phone and my sig in my hand. I'm thinking the guilty parties may see this if they try again from 3 sides...:draw:,:ar15:,:draw:. God Bless America :patriot:

Talk about a scary ambush, hopefully noone is trigger happy and gets caught up in cross fire. (my first time using purple for sarcasim, cool):cool:

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Sorry for your troubles.

I couldnt help but wondering...VCR? They still make tapes for those? Dont they make cameras that just plug into your USB?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It could be worse, you could get a negative rep for the post. :D

However things are looking up, as Smoking357 isn't here anymore. :laugh:

ROFL, a negative rep would jsut be the cherry on top of it. at least I LOL'd at that.

Not sure if tehy sell VHS tapes anymore, but I have a stockpile of them, until i could get a 4 channel DVR and a couple more cameras, the system I bought was last minute with no planning.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    We have one of those multi-camera DVR setups where I work, and they work great. I can even watch the live video-feeds off my cell-phone. Best advise I can give you though is buy twice as many cameras as you think you need. If you have 4 visible cameras, you should have another 4 that are well hidden. People tend to skip over the idea there might be hidden cameras when they see visible ones.

Top Bottom