Bad news for those who shoot at Eagle Creek...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The place is being overrun!!!

[video=youtube;ZPU7szAg_3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPU7szAg_3g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The place is being overrun!!!

[video=youtube;ZPU7szAg_3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPU7szAg_3g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Whistle pigs, not good. No doubt digging holes...somebody could twist an ankle...possibly even trip and send a round into the Colts practice facility. Unacceptable...need to organize a "work party" to deal with this :rockwoot:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I keep them killed off at our range. They seem to really like range berms. They make huge holes and of course can cause serous damage burrowing under structures. Never ate any.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    The rule at our range is, if they're on the berm, take'em out, if not then leave them alone.

Sooner or later they can't resist the berm.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Used to go out in the fields after putting up hay and pick them off with the 25-06.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Morels are mushrooms, commonly found behind the berm at eagle creek during the month of May. :D
    (not not serious tee hee)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When I was a kid farmers would pay us to shoot 'em. That was so long ago it was almost another world ( I grew up in upstate NY )

TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Been having problems with them since the barn cat died. I've thought of a couple solutions, but shooting them seems to take care of them until the next season at least. One of the bachelor males that moved into our shed was absolutely huge, and he dug himself a burrow right under our shed's foundation. Not much I could do to remove him peaceably at that point.

They can be wiley though, running at the first sign of you. They present a really low target unless they get on their hind legs to look for danger. My father used to say that you should whistle before shooting because that would cause them to look around like another groundhog had whistled.

Last edited:

kel-tecfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Eight or so years ago I had a whole family of them. I bought a live trap and started trapping them and would take and release them at the park. As I trapped them, they got smaller and smaller. I think I trapped the whole family. I released them all in the same place in the state park. I hope they found each other. They did a lot of digging under my shed and now after all these years it's starting to sink.

Top Bottom