• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2015
    North Central IN
    After many trips to the Walmart ammo case, with no one to be found or willing to help, I no longer purchase ammo there. The sporting goods stores usually have plenty of employees willing to help If you get their attention.

HawgdawgLS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    US
    Shortly after they opened a few months ago I went there to purchase a Remington 870 on a Friday afternoon. They were somewhat busy but not super busy. I bet I waited at least a half hour maybe more before someone asked if they could help me. I might've been able to shorten that time if I tried to get someone's attention but I was curious to see how long it would take if I just stood there.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm of the opinion that if he is having a bad day maybe he should just suck it up and do his job.
    The employee willfully filled out an application to work there. If he doesn't want to be in customer service and greet the customer with a pleasant and helpful attitude he needs to find a job doing something else.

But then again, when I have to shop at Wal-Mart (Not very often) I never use the self checkout. I figure if they want me to spend my money there they can at least have someone take it and give me change.
    Am I just getting old ?
    And no...I don't buy sausage there.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    One time a guy at a store asked me, "What do you need?" and I said, "A mortgage payment." and he laughed out loud. He was cool after that.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm not trying to make any excuses, but have you ever worked retail? Most customers are fine, but there are some who saying that they are jerks is quite an understatement. It may be that the clerk just got chewed out for something from a manager or had to deal with a really bad customer. Having a low paying crappy job (with a dictatorial manager) can get to the best of them. Most of the time I just let it go. Some of the suggestions of "killing with kindness" or making a joke will snap the employee out of their "attitude" and make them realize that you aren't the problem. The same applies with dealing with strangers on the street (inside a store, etc). I often find if I smile at them and give them a greeting, it immediately makes them smile. It seems like in this day and age, we are so much in a hurry that we can't take a couple of seconds to talk to a stranger. We also expect stellar service for the lowest possible price (not that Cabela's is bargain basement). All that being said, when a retail employee is rude, I can get motivated to report him or her. When I do, I hope that it will change their behavior or they will get employment where they are more suited to the job.

Top Bottom