• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I want to say before I get into details that normally I'm very laid back and it's very rare that something gets to me, I went to the gun counter because I wanted to buy some mags since they price match. They were showing a rifle to somebody else so I went to look at something else and came back, I did came back and was standing at the counter with my eight year old son and one of the sales people goes by without offering help until I got his attention by saying hello. He came to us with a very casual attitude and his first words out his mouth was "what do you need"?, his body language and attitude were not of some who was been welcoming and helpful and I was furious. I want to believe that it was a stupid decision from his part but there is still a part of me that says something else took place, I went to the front desk to let them know what took place and talk to a manager but when I try to explain to the manager what took place he implied that the sales person may be just trying to help and that I may misunderstood him and I was even more pissed. The manager did apologize and said he was talking care of it but I doubt it, is not often that I enconter something like this sorry about the rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I want to say before I get into details that normally I'm very laid back and it's very rare that something gets to me, I went to the gun counter because I wanted to buy some mags since they price match. They were showing a rifle to somebody else so I went to look at something else and came back, I did came back and was standing at the counter with my eight year old son and one of the sales people goes by without offering help until I got his attention by saying hello. He came to us with a very casual attitude and his first words out his mouth was "what do you need"?, his body language and attitude were not of some who was been welcoming and helpful and I was furious. I want to believe that it was a stupid decision from his part but there is still a part of me that says something else took place, I went to the front desk to let them know what took place and talk to a manager but when I try to explain to the manager what took place he implied that the sales person may be just trying to help and that I may misunderstood him and I was even more ****&#$$. The manager did apologize and said he was talking care of it but I doubt it, is not often that I enconter something like this sorry about the rant.

Did I miss something - you went from interested buyer to "furious" over one sentence inquiring " what do you need" ?

BTW, did you get the magazines you were after ?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think the OP's issue was more the body language/attitude.

Which, granted, is often an "eye of the beholder" kinda thing.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    I stopped by bass pro in Clarksville last year to get some 22lr ammo and had one of the guys behind the gun counter throw 100 rd. Box at me from 20' away. Luckily I s I'll have good reflexes. After telling him I didn't appreciate him throwing liv ammunition at me, he simply said take it or leave it! I decided to buy it and then proceeded to find a manager and let him know who it was and that I will never be back. It's been but a year and I'm holding true to my words.

MPD742

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2014
    Grant County
    I've been going to Cabela's for years and have yet to have a bad experience. I bought a SKS at Dundee that was in the clearance section at about half the going price. I don't know of any other gun shop that would do that.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I understand OP. Salesperson with an uninterested/crappy "I don't even feel like ringing up your purchase" sort of way about him. I don't think it's something to really get the manager about. Lots of employees in retail act like that when they hate their jobs. I'd have gone ahead and told him what I needed since that would be more work on him. He wants people to back away so he doesn't have to work. Make him.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Retail is tough. Op, there was no cause for the worker bee to treat you as such. Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the service leave. Best thing you can do. But if someone is a tool, tell them. I hate this whole tell the boss mentality. If you call out the worker and he remains a tool. Then by all means get a manager, but if he doesn't know he is being a tool he should be told.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When he said "what do you need?" you should've said "Directions to the nearest Bass Pro"

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yeah, some people's ability to find offense is obviously much easier to cross than with others.
    As long as they get me what I want, I'm happy.
    Contrast this "bad experience" with what you'll find in the average Wal-Mart, where 9/10 employees will actually actively avoid helping at all.

Top Bottom