• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My job pretty much requires me to always carry a laptop. My current computer bag is bulky. I was thinking it might be nice to carry a single get home bag/computer bag. A backpack would be great for carrying a little gear, maybe some extra clothes for over night and my computer. A hidden holster would be nice as well. Anybody seen or own something like this?

**Disclaimer - My employee handbook states that we are not allowed to carry weapons. My plan is not to carry a personal firearm that could be used to defend myself or others.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-SA1908-ScanSmart-Backpack-Laptops/dp/B002OHDIWY/ref=dp_ob_title_ce/177-4636501-4006054]Amazon.com: SwissGear SA1908 ScanSmart Backpack (Black) Fits Most 17 Inch Laptops: Electronics[/ame]

I use a Swiss army bag and I love it. I can take all my biz stuff and a 72 hour kit and still have room for stuff.

If your flying, you don't even have to take it out of the bag.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Swiss backpacks are great for exactly what you are asking from it. I used to travel a lot in the Navy with my laptop, and my swiss backpack was perfect as it had a nice protective pouch designed for a laptop. As well as a pouch designed for an ipod/smartphone with earphone wire port.

Plenty of extra pockets for wallets, keys etc... and large main compartment that is plenty of room for a change or two of clothes.

Very comfortable and durable as well as affordable....

http://www.google.com/webhp?rlz=1C1...c77a1873acb10c5&biw=1024&bih=653&ix=hea&ion=1

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have one of those Swiss Backpacks. Got mine at Sam's Club for cheap too. Nice backpack. If you want, I'll bring it with me tomorrow night at the Meet & Greet and you can check it out. Heck, I might even let you fondle it. (The backpack that is.) :n00b:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If it's also security that you want - Push HERE.

I have the PacSafe 200 and couldn't be happier with it. When traveling and leaving my car, I feel better with the extra deterrent while leaving my stuff locked in this set up. Even in the trunk, I'll cable it to the body of the car.

Wherever you are with it you can just pull out the cable and lock it to whatever you want. Plenty of room for my laptop, guns, knives, radios, holsters and whatever. My kids call it the "backpack of mass destruction".

My laptop in its protective sleeve measures 11in x 16in and fits fine and has room to spare. This of course doesn't include the rest of the backpack's dividers and pockets. The cable netting security comes in handy but this backpack is a bit pricey. :spend:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was looking at the Swiss packs at Staples today. The zippers and such look to be of better quality then some of the others. Do any of the models happen to have hidden or lockable pockets?

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    Might also want to check out some of the products from Maxpedition. Very well made bags in a lot of different set ups. They have the Testudo laptop backpack as well as different types of single strap packs as well.

Just a suggestion.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Loads of folks have already beat me to the punch. The Swiss is one of the best I've run across. It's a good quality pack at a great price point. Good materials and designed well, to boot.

Kafer_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I've packed around an OGIO Metro for over 5 years. I like the multiple exterior pockets, interior organizer, and the side laptop sleeve -- and that fact it wears like iron. :yesway::yesway:

metro_loaded.jpg

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    Oakley Kitchen Sink. "little" pricey at $170, but I haven't regretted paying that one bit. Nor have I lusted after any other laptop bag in the year that I've had it. It holds my holstered USP45c in one of the side pockets. Have never seen a negative review of this bag either. Very "tacti cool."

YouTube video showing all the different compartments on it.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...uQUhpwfmqCJT0Hwng&sig2=MndExTcCYYDEUmwFCe7inw

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I really like my 5.11 backpack. It has a separate laptop pouch in the main pouch. Great pockets everywhere in this thing. Including one that has a large velcro (soft side) patch that is perfect for attaching a cheapo holster to for carry if you need, very comfortable too.
    Doesn't look "tactical" either
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/251156961021-1.html

Top Bottom