• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    This past week I traded for the "semi-compact" polymer framed Baby Eagle II chambered in .40S&W. Magnum Research, Desert Eagle, (now owned by Kahr), made in Israel (Israeli Weapons Industries). It's the "new" version of the Jericho 941. I'm sure many others call it a "CZ clone". It came with 2 12rd mags and the awesome INGO'er that I got it from graciously threw in the 3rd mag he'd bought for it. I've read some say the CZ mags will work in the BEII but I have no need to try it at this point. This gun has the accessory rail under a 3.93" barrel. OAL of 7.75" and weighing in at near 30oz unloaded. Slide mounted ambi safety/decocker. fixed combat 3 dot white sights (adjustable for windage?). Tear down and cleaning it is a breeze. The double action trigger pull is about 12lbs while the SA trigger pull is about 4.5lbs...and like butter...very smooth. I was able to put about 156 rounds through it in the past few days and my grouping has been fantastic (at 15 yards). I've gone through all 3 mags (& one in the chamber) a total of 4 times each. I've ran through 56 factory PPU 180gr JHP, 50 PMC Bronze 180gr FMJ, and 50 of Gluemanz28's 165gr TCJ/HP hand loads. I had zero FTFs or FTEs. Every SA trigger pull was a pleasure. The slide sits inside the frame creating a lower bore axis? which in turn reduces recoil. I saw a friend a couple of lanes down from me at Highsmith Guns in Greenfield this afternoon. He brought me his Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm and had me dump a mag. And I kid you not...the BEII shooting the 165gr felt like less recoil than the Beretta. The ergonomics and the grip on the BEII are pretty darn narrow for a double stack mag of .40 and simply far more comfortable to me than any other handgun that I've ever held or fired (including *gasp* my EDC Glock 27 w/ pinky extension). Do I see another carry gun in my future? After a little more practice and finding a good holster...all signs point to yes!

Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle II, .40SW, Polymer, Semi-compact, 12 round - Style # BE9413RSL, MRI Shop / Firearms

GetDynamicImage.aspx

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have the steel framed, full -sized Baby Eagle in .40 S&W.
    The ergonomics to that gun are simply astounding. It feels like it was made for my hand.
    Mine also chews up and spits out everything I've fed it.
    Mine is a little on the heavy side, but comfortable enough.
    Yes, CZ mags do fit.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Just ordered a holster from Aliengear
    and I'll probably order one from Magnumresearch.com
    and possibly another one from Zahal.com
    can wait to try them out.
    I was very accurate at the range today with the baby eagle
    I certainly hope to get a holster soon...hope I don't have to wait long

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    glad you like it. i have one that was all metal in 40 cal that was a jammer years ago. mine was a imi. then later i got one that said uzi eagle on it, it shot great. ive had mixed experences with the imi or iwi guns.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    This past week I traded for the "semi-compact" polymer framed Baby Eagle II chambered in .40S&W. Magnum Research, Desert Eagle, (now owned by Kahr), made in Israel (Israeli Weapons Industries). It's the "new" version of the Jericho 941. I'm sure many others call it a "CZ clone". It came with 2 12rd mags and the awesome INGO'er that I got it from graciously threw in the 3rd mag he'd bought for it. I've read some say the CZ mags will work in the BEII but I have no need to try it at this point. This gun has the accessory rail under a 3.93" barrel. OAL of 7.75" and weighing in at near 30oz unloaded. Slide mounted ambi safety/decocker. fixed combat 3 dot white sights (adjustable for windage?). Tear down and cleaning it is a breeze. The double action trigger pull is about 12lbs while the SA trigger pull is about 4.5lbs...and like butter...very smooth. I was able to put about 156 rounds through it in the past few days and my grouping has been fantastic (at 15 yards). I've gone through all 3 mags (& one in the chamber) a total of 4 times each. I've ran through 56 factory PPU 180gr JHP, 50 PMC Bronze 180gr FMJ, and 50 of Gluemanz28's 165gr TCJ/HP hand loads. I had zero FTFs or FTEs. Every SA trigger pull was a pleasure. The slide sits inside the frame creating a lower bore axis? which in turn reduces recoil. I saw a friend a couple of lanes down from me at Highsmith Guns in Greenfield this afternoon. He brought me his Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm and had me dump a mag. And I kid you not...the BEII shooting the 165gr felt like less recoil than the Beretta. The ergonomics and the grip on the BEII are pretty darn narrow for a double stack mag of .40 and simply far more comfortable to me than any other handgun that I've ever held or fired (including *gasp* my EDC Glock 27 w/ pinky extension). Do I see another carry gun in my future? After a little more practice and finding a good holster...all signs point to yes!

Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle II, .40SW, Polymer, Semi-compact, 12 round - Style # BE9413RSL, MRI Shop / Firearms

GetDynamicImage.aspx
    the baby eagle looks a lot like a CZ.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I finally got the holster this past saturday.
    I've been carrying the BEII in the Alien Gear holster
    anywhere from 6-12 hours each day for 5 days now.
    I love it. It's a quality holster that's very comfortable.
    I adjusted the forward cant and the retention
    and it's solid. distributes the weight evenly.
    I've been practicing shooting the BEII a lot lately
    and I've spent some time (safely) practicing drawing
    and it's a very natural draw. couldn't be happier.
    :rockwoot:

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I like both of my baby eagles. One is an IMI and the other IWI. The IMI is the compact and the IWI is the full size both with steel frames.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I would recommend a kydex hooch holster made by Jeff. He's a nice INGO member and supporter. His holsterson are excellent. I own 3 different variants of the baby eagle and love them.

FS 40. Imported byou KBI

Compact 9mm imported by magnum

Compact 40. With night sights imported by mossberg under the UZI Eagle brand.

They are an excellent firearm that can definitely take a beating. The only issue I have had is they are a little heavy for carry for my preference. If you reload watch your casing, the BE has a very tight chamber, and polygonal rifling (same as flock so no lead rounds should be used).....great pistol choice dude.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Just ordered a holster from Aliengear
    and I'll probably order one from Magnumresearch.com
    and possibly another one from Zahal.com
    can wait to try them out.
    I was very accurate at the range today with the baby eagle
    I certainly hope to get a holster soon...hope I don't have to wait long
    I have one from zahal, to me it seemed a little awkward.

satucker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2014
    ohio
    grip plug

*on an interesting side note, I just discovered that the grip plug from my Glock 23 fits perfectly into the Baby Eagle

I've been searching for grip plug for my baby eagle II. Can you specifically tell me what brand plug you have for your glock 23? Maybe supply a link to where I can get one just like yours? Also, can you tell me if your Glock is a Gen4?

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I'm no longer enamored with the BEII. after numerous reloading drills, I started to develop a serious problem with the safety on the slide pinching my fingers. It got so bad that I was bleeding profusely. when I would quickly rack the slide it would pinch and after a while I realized this is dangerous. This may not be a dealbreaker for some, but it is for me. I'm just not a fan of external safeties...especially on the slide. YMMV

satucker - get 50 quality posts and then PM me your addy...I've got a grip plug that I'll send ya

Top Bottom