• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I had a guy offer me $1200 for my bike. I only had about $600 in it, so I got my money back and then some..

I'm torn. I need to put $200 away and then decide what to do with the other $1000..

A few options -

Pay off my credit card

Drop my car loan down to 6 months instead of a year and a third

Buy a bike that I can actually ride

Buy Guns/Gunstuffs

Put it in the bank

Trade it all in on a large freezer and bacon

I'm inclined to pay off my debts, but I'm also kinda inclined to find another bike. I couldn't get a whole lot of bike for $1000, but I could get enough to putt to work and back, I think. I miss riding a lot, but I'm also poor.

Of course, if I paid off my debts I could save money to buy an even nicer bike, but then I can't ride until I've saved enough..

Thoughts, INGO??

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    What is your daily driver? Bikes are dirt cheap to operate. I just calculated 49.2 mpg for my last tank. ('00 CBR600) My '81 cb650 gets about 35 mpg, and costs $80/year insurance. Registration is about the same. For me, $160 up front and twice the mileage as my Jeep was.

Having said that...

Credit card first, bike second. Old cheap bikes are out there. Don't be discouraged by the Ducati guy putting down Japanese machines. I've got 3 Hondas, from 9 to 36 years old.

Of course, an older bike will probably need some TLC before you can ride it, but in my experience a new battery, tires, oil change, and fresh gas with carb cleaner is usually all it needs.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, you really should pay down your debt. It will be MUCH more beneficial in the long run. Make sure you pay off the one with the highest interest rate first, even if you owe less on another one. Unless of course you can pay off that one.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Well, with this money I can pretty much get rid of 3 cards. I'll have the car left, of course, and there's less than 2 years left there. Once that's gone I can save 200 a month into my bike fund. I guess I just won't be riding for a few seasons..

Thanks for the input guys!!

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Well, with this money I can pretty much get rid of 3 cards. I'll have the car left, of course, and there's less than 2 years left there. Once that's gone I can save 200 a month into my bike fund. I guess I just won't be riding for a few seasons..

Thanks for the input guys!!

Smart man here! :thumbsup: Those credit card companies are ruthless. Which is why I hopefully will never have one.

Top Bottom