• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I load with a RCBS Rock Chucker single stage. For priming I have a RCBS hand priming tool. It works great but my hand can only take short sessions of priming, maybe 200 or so and I have to rest.

I came across the RCBS Auto Priming tool and would like some input on what INGO thinks of them and if there are other options out there I should look at. Thanks.

efd1295

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Northern IN
    RCBS Autoprime user here. "Auto" is a little misleading because you still have to load the primers manually in the primer tube, however for doing batches of 100, it beats the hand primer. Priming is one of my least favorite tasks, so I usually have a primer day where I do a whole batch of priming at once. Once you get into a rhythm, you can knock a lot of cases out quickly.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    RCBS Autoprime user here. "Auto" is a little misleading because you still have to load the primers manually in the primer tube, however for doing batches of 100, it beats the hand primer. Priming is one of my least favorite tasks, so I usually have a primer day where I do a whole batch of priming at once. Once you get into a rhythm, you can knock a lot of cases out quickly.
    That's what I'm looking for. I bell as many cases as I want. I can de-cap and size quite a few, but when it comes to primers, my hand gets sore quickly. It is also my least favorite part of reloading.

I load using a WIP system where I have 1, clean, 2, size and de-cap, 3, bell, 4 prime and 5 loaded round. I like to do at least a couple thousand at each section. Saves me from changing dies, emptying and refilling powder measure, etc.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My dad uses the RCBS auto prime. He loves it.

He also fabricated a shell kicker for his Rock Chucker 2. Yes a 2, he bought it 40+ years ago. He is also still using his original uniflow for powder. He churns out a lot of .38 spl and .44 magnum by batch loading with that setup.

Top Bottom