• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    I bought one of these at the indy 1500 a few months ago. It was kinda an impulse buy. I really hope I didn't get ripped off. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these before and could tell me if it actually works. I'm gonna try it out some time this week.:ingo:

firequest ammo Auto Burst Trigger System - AB225

So I tried it. I couldn't get it to work. Maybe someone who has had one work for them could give me a tip on how to install it properly, but I followed the very vague instructions that came with it exactly. I tried many different ways of putting it on my gun(WASR-10) but didn't have any luck. I then proceded to try a rubberband and actually got it to fire like full auto. Its a bit of a pain to get a rubberband set up around the mag and trigger of a AK but it works. Unless someone can tell me the trick to making the autoburst work, I would avoid buying one.

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can't wait to hear your report. I came within an inch of buying one at this 1500 but then spent the money I alloted for the show and didn't get one.

Once I got back, I couldn't remember the name, so I haven't done in research.

Like I said, can't wait to hear your review/report.

Thanks for posting it...

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Cant you guys learn how to bump fire?:D

I went through 900 rounds today shooting at nothing.:D

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes I have tried one.No I would not recommend them. Safety would be the main reason.It is VERY easy to start it(Bursting fire),not as easy to stop(removing your finger 100% while it bounces back and forth). Once you insert your finger count on firing everything you have in the magazine as it is hard to stop.Accuracy will of course be affected with muzzle climb and just the basic operation(slapping the trigger on the forward and return hits).BE CAREFUL! Yes they will give you near full auto fire,but at great cost.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i guess you should have bought this one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJFAMm1MA0U&feature=response_watch"]YouTube - BR 5000 Trigger Manipulator ( Hell Storm 2000 Spoof Video)[/ame]

LMFAO

LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IN THE SECOND VIDEO IS FROM INDIANA. I wonder if hes a INGO member??

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have no use for something like this...

Practice. I can run a semi almost as fast and still make my shots count...

yep yep. i will or have only used auto (in the military or on my job) if i needed to lay down cover to bound back or something. in cqb i almost always used semi. shot placement, like you said Jeremy: "make my shots count" is EXACTLY RIGHT!! as you know. constant muscle memory and acuracy training and you will be GOOD.

full auto is fun, but not very practical except in limited battle scenarios.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Is it even legal to covert your semi to full auto without a Class 3 stamp?

NO, big NO, no again for the record.

by adding the trigger thing they arent actualy converting it to full auto because the weapon still has to have the trigger pulled seperately for EACH round fired. with bump fire (which is all it is) they are just using the recoil to assist in doing the trigger pulling. Its is still considered semi auto fire by the law and the ATF.

to be more specific to your above quote question: "converting" any of the internal parts to make your weapon fire full auto without a proper tax stamp is deffinately illegal and you WILL eventualy be caught and go to jail and have all of your guns confiscated and never be able to own even a blow gun again. They listen, know and see everything that goes on, and if they do miss anything people are always eager to let them know things (heard a lot of stories of family members and xwives turning people in) i personaly dont ever wanna find out. no thank you.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Full Auto Rules:
    1) if the first round hits the target, all proceeding rounds will miss.
    2) if the first round misses the target, all proceeding rounds will miss.
    3) full-auto efficiently converts money into noise!

My friend in the army said the only two times you use full auto is suppressing cover fire, tho (burst mode is better) and burning off ammo at the end of a training day.

That said, having the option is always nice and fun. Ideally I would have semi/full/burst on a weapon!

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    yep yep. i will or have only used auto (in the military or on my job) if i needed to lay down cover to bound back or something. in cqb i almost always used semi. shot placement, like you said Jeremy: "make my shots count" is EXACTLY RIGHT!! as you know. constant muscle memory and acuracy training and you will be GOOD.

full auto is fun, but not very practical except in limited battle scenarios.

We used semi-auto to lay down fire... you can do it almost as fast and with better accuracy, even if you are just shooting in the general area. The only thing we actually did any real training to use full auto for was stopping vehicles at close range. Of course, when the time came that I actually had to do that, I didn't use full auto.

I used MY vehicle LOL.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    We used semi-auto to lay down fire... you can do it almost as fast and with better accuracy, even if you are just shooting in the general area. The only thing we actually did any real training to use full auto for was stopping vehicles at close range. Of course, when the time came that I actually had to do that, I didn't use full auto.

I used MY vehicle LOL.

yep i agree with you, very rarely is full auto used. i was just giving an example of a scenario if you did have to use it. maybe i should have specified that only in cases of being severely outnumbered would you wanna lay down auto supressie fire. waste too much ammo, especialy if your FAR away from your fob. suckAbusMAXIMUS to have to clubAcuss and stabAmuss. ok ill stop with the stupid word play, lol -1 to myself :noway:

hitting bad guys with vehicles is fun, unless you have to do paperwork. lol

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Am I wrong... or was that $60 for a rubber band?

LMAO, yeah thats the funny part. the guy was basicly making fun of the mounts that cost $60, because he was showing a rubber band you can get for free will do the same thing. in another one of his vedios he says he set up at a gun show and had his own video of the rubber band doing its thang, and then had a bowl of them with a sign that said FREE, LMAO.(maybe the 1500 :dunno:) and the guy selling the rapid fire trigger things, was right across the isle from him by coincidence and after an hour stopped playing his own video and put away the triggers. LMAO, i was rolling on the ground laughing when i heard him say that. just goes to show that some companies will rip off anyone they can to make a quick buck. you dont even need a rubber band to bump fire from the shoulder either, like he said its a learned technique but easy once you learn it. but unpractical as im sure most of you know

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    reading material

I have no use for something like this...

Practice. I can run a semi almost as fast and still make my shots count...

Do you happen to a link to an artical or can you explain? is it like the mozambek? I alwasy want to improve and learn. Before a few months ago. I was just a hunter who target practiced. Now I am taking it on as a sport just not in competition. I love this site.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Do you happen to a link to an artical or can you explain? is it like the mozambek? I alwasy want to improve and learn. Before a few months ago. I was just a hunter who target practiced. Now I am taking it on as a sport just not in competition. I love this site.

Not really just over a decade spent in combat... I am a graduate of the School of Hard knocks...

2 things to remember, only move as fast as you can shoot, and only shoot as fast as you can move...

I am sure somewhere that someone has written all kinds of papers on the pros and cons of FA fires, from behind the safety of their desks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Am I wrong... or was that $60 for a rubber band?

i guess you should have bought this one:

YouTube - BR 5000 Trigger Manipulator ( Hell Storm 2000 Spoof Video)

LMFAO

LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IN THE SECOND VIDEO IS FROM INDIANA. I wonder if hes a INGO member??

LMAO, yeah thats the funny part. the guy was basicly making fun of the mounts that cost $60, because he was showing a rubber band you can get for free will do the same thing. in another one of his vedios he says he set up at a gun show and had his own video of the rubber band doing its thang, and then had a bowl of them with a sign that said FREE, LMAO.(maybe the 1500 :dunno:) and the guy selling the rapid fire trigger things, was right across the isle from him by coincidence and after an hour stopped playing his own video and put away the triggers. LMAO, i was rolling on the ground laughing when i heard him say that. just goes to show that some companies will rip off anyone they can to make a quick buck. you dont even need a rubber band to bump fire from the shoulder either, like he said its a learned technique but easy once you learn it. but unpractical as im sure most of you know

The guy in the video is an INGO member (ninemmar15) and the video is simply poking fun at the devices like the OP asked about. He doesn't actually sell rubber bands for $60...

Top Bottom