• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    my 9 yr old son and i shoot there quite often. we have no other place to go and it's close to home. but my son gets positive comments about his shooting and handling of his guns. for the most part it seems that the ones that can't get it right are the ones that don't read the rules list before hand and won't listen to the range offer. i mean everyone is handed the 1 sheet of rules before signing in and the range offer gives very simple commands. even offering help when asked. my son reads the sheet and listens by himself, so i think any adult can probably get it right. just go slow and think first.

NickXD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    SE Indy
    Ok, we just got back. Was there for about an hour around 11:30. Were only 2 other guys on the range when we got there so nothing like her first experience of waiting 1.5 hours at Pops. Told the RO it was our first time there and he was very friendly and helpful. They are strict about the rules there, but I am completely OK with that as they are there for safety. For being outside it is very loud, somehow louder then the indoor range we went to last time (have only been to organized ranges a handful of times) so I do suggest ear muffs, the plugs I have weren't good enough. Their supplies are pretty limited too, friend of mine needed 9mm ammo and they were out, claimed that is all they were out of though, I brought my own .45.

As for my GF I am not a very good teacher and the RO offered her some advice, was very nice about it though and not pushy. Paid $7 per person and got our $5 back for the frame deposit. Overall I was very pleased with the experience and would go back.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Glad you enjoyed it. I also liked it much more than Popguns for the same reason (plus I like being outdoors). Popguns' policy of moving membership holders to the front of the line might be a great perk for being a member, but when I've already been waiting an hour and get bumped twice, it makes just want to leave and not come back.

Which I pretty much did. ;-) I just wish I was closer to Atterbury or Wilbur Wright.

YamahaBlue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    I was there for the first time in many years Sunday from about 3-5pm. Took my GF, my new AR, and my G19. Had a great time sighting in the red dot and just making sure the AR was gonna work after taking a factory built rifle COMPLETELY apart and putting it back together. Had to make sure I knew how it all worked, right? :)

Never heard the RO bark orders at anyone, and like others have said, they were friendly and offered help when asked. One even saw the bipod leg on my AR getting really close to the edge of the bench while my GF was shooting. I was looking downrange at the time and he pointed it out to me before disaster struck. It seems to me that if you are able to follow BASIC commands then there is no problem. I like the face that when I go 50 yds downrange to change a target, I don't have to worry about some a$$hat sending lead over my shoulder and the **** storm that would follow.

All in all, it was a great day of shooting and I plan on going back in 2 weeks for sure!!

Top Bottom