ATTENTION U.S. CITIZENS: Its time to say enough !

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    my fellow citizens. I look at our country and I see Millions of American Citizens UNEMPLOYED because of our current economic STATE OF EMERGENCY! but the part that TICKS ME OFF is seeing Illegal Aliens, and foreigners from all over the world spilling into our country on work visas and such and taking all of the jobs Americans should be getting FIRST priority on. Also I see Illegals and visa & green card holders raping our social services and qaulifying for food stamps, cash assistance, housing, etc, etc..... IT IS REDICULOUS! We are still in and i believe will be for a long time to come, in the worst economic crisis of our lifetime and we are waisting money on non U.S. Citizens. I dont care if SOME of them pay taxes, its still not right to hand out AMERICAN benefits to NON-Americans. Some people say that immigrants take jobs that Americans refuse to do, this is a line of BS that the pro-imigrant groups try to use to support their dying cause. I have never seen a TRUE AMERICAN who wouldnt take ANY job to feed himself and his family, no matter what the job entailed.

So all im asking is that if you agree with me then please lets start calling our Federal and state Lawmakers and start telling them that if they wish to continue their political careers then the time is now to start changing the laws that protect non americans by STEALING from AMERICAN CITIZENS.

This is a very passionate issue for many, so in the following comments to come lets all respect each others views that are stated and not get personal. I am working on that myself. state your stance and your reasoning like i did, and lets see what we can learn and see what we can do to fix it. Remember, its not about race, its about U.S. Citizens vs. Foreigners.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    That was not directed at you.

ok thanks for clarifying. you blew my mind on that one, lol. i re read my post like 5 times to see where i goofed up, lol. if someone wanted to organize a revolution it would be prety dumb to do it on a public forum. even our founding fathers were smart enough to use alter egos to print political propoganda against the crown. i agree not the place for organizing a war, lol

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    You're chasing the wrong stick. 100,000 times more jobs have been sent to China because China undervalues their currency relative to the dollar. We have set no trade barriers in response. With any luck, we'll eventually default on their massive treasury holdings required to enable this inequity.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You're chasing the wrong stick. 100,000 times more jobs have been sent to China because China undervalues their currency relative to the dollar. We have set no trade barriers in response. With any luck, we'll eventually default on their massive treasury holdings required to enable this inequity.

yeah i agree, but we also owe the chinese governement trillions of dollars because our lawmakers dont know how to budget money. so i dont think they wanna tick china off right now. but this is all a totaly seperate issue. no im chasing the stick i wanna chase. i want all the illegals and visa holders that are getting governement assistance deported. then we can fight china

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Yes I agree that is also a large problem, but the illegals are the ones here bankrupting our hospitals, burglarizing our homes, decreasing the wages of laborers in this country, forming gangs and murdering our citizens including law enforcement officers.A couple years ago I visited a old buddy, he lives in Brownsville Texas and it wasn't much different than my memories of our trips to Tijuana 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Historically, most revolutions begin with the price of food rising to the point where the lower classes cannot afford to adequately feed themselves. During the 1700's every successful French revolution coincided with poor grain harvests and the poor kick starting things over bread riots.

That trend is obvious, and don't think our government isnt aware of this either. Hence, we Americans spend less than 9% of our income on food, whereas historically it was closer to 25%-30%. Much of the rest of the world pays much more to eat than we do.

What keeps our food prices so low?

One, the government subsidies of corn and soybeans. Every farmer will tell you that they would lose money every year if they didnt get their government subsidy checks.

Another, is the fact that the labor to pick our crops and slaughter our meat is done by immigrants, many, MANY of whom are illegal. How many times have we read or seen reports on Tyson having a plant full of illegals?

Was it Vicente Fox who said that the Mexican immigrants are doing the jobs that American Blacks wont do? (The direct quote eludes me, but it was something to that effect)

Americans wont go pick lettuce or gut chickens in a processing factory. Not for less than minimum wage anyways... I would imagine that welfare pays close to the same amount.

If your food bill would go up to 30% from the current sub 10% level, you and all your neighbors and co-workers would freak the fark out. Combine that with any fluctuation with the flow of oil and cost of energy, and you WILL have a revolution on your hands. The government knows this, so they do what they can to keep food prices at a minimum. Hence...the illegals aint going anywhere. Not unless your kids dont mind careers in the chicken gutting industry...which I highly doubt.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well if companies are illegaly hiring illegal workers then they need to be stopped. also, no one should be paying less than minimum wage, thats why minimum wage is the law. so as long as they payed minimum wage then there would deffinately be more americans working in that industry. look at minimum wage jobs in our own communities that probly suck, but people work them because they need to survive. a job isnt supposed to be fun, a job is for survival. if you have a job thats fun (like i do) then we are the lucky ecception to the rule.

all your post just pointed out is that there is a intentional sweeping under the rug of the true problems in our country. if revolution like you suggest will happen id the prices goes up then its inevitable anyways. because they are bankrupting parts of the government to fund other parts, its a lose lose situation.

just as bad as the banks hiding their negative debt to fool sockholders, that caused the market to crash. the government is just lying and fooling the tax payers, whats the difference? the difference is that there should be government officials going to jail too and i havent seen it yet and doubt i will. the government believes when they do something illegal its not illegal, but when the citizen does the same thing then THEY MUST BE IMPRISSONED. can you say double standard?

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Who is going to stop those companies? The government knows they are staffed by illegals. .gov does just enough to appear to care about the situation, but its all done with a nod and a wink.

Waiters and waitresses get paid less than minimum wage. They depend on tips to make up the difference and .gov is fine with that. If you think that they should be paid at least minimum wage, the price of your dinner out with your wife and rugrats just jumped up 30%. If that happens, people stop dining out. The economy takes a hit. The powers that be dont want that. They want the poor to be able to order off the $1 meal menus and stay full enough that they dont take to the streets.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Just heard that is going to change within months. They say China is going to start to have their currency rise. Not sure what the end game is here, but looks like some may get their wish.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Who is going to stop those companies? The government knows they are staffed by illegals. .gov does just enough to appear to care about the situation, but its all done with a nod and a wink.

Waiters and waitresses get paid less than minimum wage. They depend on tips to make up the difference and .gov is fine with that. If you think that they should be paid at least minimum wage, the price of your dinner out with your wife and rugrats just jumped up 30%. If that happens, people stop dining out. The economy takes a hit. The powers that be dont want that. They want the poor to be able to order off the $1 meal menus and stay full enough that they dont take to the streets.
    Waiters and waitresses make less than minimum wage because they rely on tips. There are establishments in Chicago where waiters, waitresses and bartenders actually pay the establishment for the right to work there because the tips are so lucrative.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Most politicians will not do anything because they are worried about their parties future and not about the people that elected them.
    Now with a growing illegal population politicians see a new group of government dependent people that they can make citizens and have vote for them because then they will have a new group dependents on affirmative action and welfare.
    If you don't fall into that group don't worry you will not be completely thrown under the buss because they still need you to work and pay taxes to support their new voting block.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The only way to make a politician realy listen is to threaten his re-election by taking votes from him and giving them to another PRO-CONSTITUTIONAL candidate. We have the power my Brothers and Sisters, now is the time to excercise it, or forever hold your peace and watch our beautiful country spiral downward. STAND UP, dont just talk to each other, call EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL IN OUR STATE AND IN CONGRESS!

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    The only way to make a politician realy listen is to threaten his re-election by taking votes from him and giving them to another PRO-CONSTITUTIONAL candidate. We have the power my Brothers and Sisters, now is the time to excercise it, or forever hold your peace and watch our beautiful country spiral downward. STAND UP, dont just talk to each other, call EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL IN OUR STATE AND IN CONGRESS!

Unfortunately, what do you do when the politician is not worried about re-election? These guys make great money as consultants and lobbyists. Much of the money politicians receive comes from corporations and special interest groups. Without the cash, they cannot finance their campaigns properly and are beat. Here are some interesting stats:

Top Industries Giving to Members of Congress, 2010 Cycle | OpenSecrets

The truth is, we need to vote with our individual contributions. Our votes are not enough anymore. Here's a chart showing how much you can give:

Quick Answers-General Questions

I agree with you that "we" need to stand up for issues that "we" believe in. Threats of not voting for a politician just won't be enough. :twocents:

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Waiters and waitresses make less than minimum wage because they rely on tips. There are establishments in Chicago where waiters, waitresses and bartenders actually pay the establishment for the right to work there because the tips are so lucrative.

You are misunderstanding the point of my comments. Im certain you can find plenty of instances in the country where there are servers who can make a decent living off of tips. I don't think its a fair to compare a few high-falutin' places where the staff pays the owner for the privilege of working there with the Jim Dandy's and Mom-n-Pop diners that are in every small town across the country where waitresses are scraping by.

The OP said something to the affect that everyone should be making at least minimum wage. I provided instances where .gov was fine with people making less than minimum wage, and that any disruption in that system would lead to higher food costs for you.

Which are you more willing to tolerate? Will you look the other way when someone makes less than minimum wage? Or will you shell out more for your dinner at Applebee's to make sure they staff is not living in poverty?

Top Bottom