• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It has been said there are no ex-Marines, only former Marines. General Amos, 35th Commandant of the Cops issued the following statement:

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine.
    General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps [/SIZE][/FONT]

Semper Fidelis, my brothers.....

We are never "An Army of one"

Last edited:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    was there a point you were trying to make with this statement?

I wasn't putting down any other branch of the service with the "Army of one" statement. Marines take pride in being part of a group or organization that is bigger or more important than the individual. Marine boot camp eliminates individuality and promotes the concept of working together.

We take pride in the fact that we can count on our brothers and rely on them on or off the battlefield. As you drive around, look at flagpoles for service related flags. Count how many Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor flags you see compared to those of the Army, Navy and Air force. You will probably see twice as many Marine flags as all the rest combined.

It is an old quote, but said well by William Shakespeare:
    "We few, we happy few,
    ]we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile"

The Army motto is "This we'll defend", if you were wondering, and we've been doing that job since General Washington became President. :patriot:
    The Marine Corps has been doing that since 10 November, 1775.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Marines take pride in being part of a group or organization that is bigger or more important than the individual. Marine boot camp eliminates individuality and promotes the concept of working together.
    Last I knew that's the whole point of the "Army of One" saying... it's an Army of one single unified group... not individuals, a single group...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've been calling myself a "Dormant Marine" since I got my DD214.

Semper Fidelis Devil Dogs.

Just remember, It's usually best to let sleeping dogs lay.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I did not serve in any branch, but I honor all who defend, or have defended, our country. Nonetheless, I have an especially high regard for the US Marines. They are just tough fighting men from who flung the chunk. Thanks to all the military personnel, but a special tip of the hat to the Marines!

I know, the women are tough Marines, too.

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    I did not serve in any branch, but I honor all who defend, or have defended, our country. Nonetheless, I have an especially high regard for the US Marines. They are just tough fighting men from who flung the chunk. Thanks to all the military personnel, but a special tip of the hat to the Marines!

I know, the women are tough Marines, too.

I just want to Thank You to all who serve in the United States Forces. Thank You to all, this is a great country becuse of you. Thank you so very much.

Keep up the Great work you all do for all of us!!!

Top Bottom