• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your question would only be meaningful if the additional 2a rights came from Obama, or his administration. Our enhanced 2a rights come from the states, with help from the NRA, who fear Obama for good reason.

How do you think the people of Illinois/Chicago feel about there 2a rights, or complete lack thereof? Did you forget that Obama came from Chicago? Or that his former chief of staff is now Mayor of Chicago, and completely anti-2a?

What has been done in California and New England states to enhance 2a rights under Obama? Nothing. Someone's gonna have to sue each of these states to the Supreme Court to get changes, because the feds don't do crap to protect rights, despite their oaths,they only work on taking rights away (like medical Marijuana). There have been attempts to permit inter-state travel with licensed handguns, but these won't get past Obama's Senate.

It is completely safe to assume where Obama stands on 2a. He is afraid to do anything about it though at this time, but once he gets re-elected and doesn't have to ever worry about another election, watch out!

Ok, I'll ask one more time. Do Americans have MORE firearms rights since Obama took office than before? Yes or no?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Ok, I'll ask one more time. Do Americans have MORE firearms rights since Obama took office than before? Yes or no?

It's probably more, but that's not the point. There's enough pro-2A legislators in congress that good things happen IN SPITE of Obama, not because of him. Here's a couple more areas where Obama has control and we can see the fruits of HIS labors. Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan and the proposed shotgun import ban. Oh and the illegal reporting requirements for the border states.

Name one positive step that Obama's personally taken to further 2A rights. He may not be rabid enough to take things on that wild be politically disastrous, but nothing good has happened because of him, only despite of him..

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Alaska? Gun Owners? Wouldnt that be approximately... UH EVERYONE! Thats a hunting state, and they have a lot of cool things (animals) to hunt!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

That's like saying that if slavemaster B whips you less than slavemaster A, then that means that slavemaster B is a "good person."

Do we have more, or less, laws restricting guns or gun ownership under Obama than under Jefferson? If one single unConstitutional law remains under Obama, then he is just as guilty of treason as the rest of the federal criminals. So why would I ever consider spending my single vote on him?? I suppose you are proposing that we all go cast our vote for the Mass. gov who brought them such wonderful gun laws, and their great health care system??

Balderdash. A vote for the lessor of two evils is still a vote for evil. It doesn't really matter which of them is "more evil."

GTG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    That's like saying that if slavemaster B whips you less than slavemaster A, then that means that slavemaster B is a "good person."

Do we have more, or less, laws restricting guns or gun ownership under Obama than under Jefferson? If one single unConstitutional law remains under Obama, then he is just as guilty of treason as the rest of the federal criminals. So why would I ever consider spending my single vote on him?? I suppose you are proposing that we all go cast our vote for the Mass. gov who brought them such wonderful gun laws, and their great health care system??

Balderdash. A vote for the lessor of two evils is still a vote for evil. It doesn't really matter which of them is "more evil."
    I might be throwing my vote away but if Ron Paul is on the ballot he will get my vote.

Top Bottom