• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I got my lips apart for about one second once at the 1500 when I heard someone talking about making an AR full-auto by filing the firing pin. Then I realized that I didn't care enough to say anything.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I got my lips apart for about one second once at the 1500 when I heard someone talking about making an AR full-auto by filing the firing pin. Then I realized that I didn't care enough to say anything.

I used to work at a larger outdoor spoting retailer in College and heard all sorts of idiotic "information" some customers (it was the same few guys saying wrong stuff over and over again) would spew. I like you just didn't care enough to get into it with these people, because the conversation always ended the same with them telling me I don't know what i am talking about and they were right. It just simply wasn't worth it.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    exactly

I have heard a lot of good ones too... but my self-deluded wealth of knowledge that I keep to myself..
    as a former shop worker I rarely corrected anyone unless they were plain old stupid to the point of being dangerous about "educating" a new gun owner on how to spin a glock "just like the cowboys did"... wow that was a new one. or how to disable a 45 by grabbing it by the front and pushing the slide to engage the disconnect. woops.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    The best part of hearing someone run their mouth is the period after they walk away when the remaining people are looking around at each other smiling. If you see someone who does not realize they just heard a line of BS..... Either help them or warn me if you see them pop up at the range..... This would not be a personal favor but a public service.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I have a policy of just keeping my mouth shut at gunshops, after all, the little information I do know tends to get screwed up between my brain and my mouth, as my mind thinks faster than my mouth can move.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I. or how to disable a 45 by grabbing it by the front and pushing the slide to engage the disconnect. woops.

you can actually do that on a 1911. granted i wouldn't recomend it if someone was pointing it at you. its not as fast as jacki chan does it in the movies.

i forgot one i heard years ago. a 220 swift is the perfect anything round because its so fast it will reverse the bloodflow in a animal.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    "This here FN 5.7 round is the exact same thing as an M-16 bullet."
    Sure it is, if you're only talking about the diameter, but then it's also bears the same resemblance to a .22 short and a .22-250.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If I hear two friends blabbing about something I let it go. Occasionally you'll find the person asking for advice and in that case if I hear something obviously wrong I will speak up. Otherwise if it's a idiot shopkeeper talking to idiot delta force recon SeAL guy I'll just try and keep from laughing and not say anything.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As far as metal mags go, I think it is alot like Fords and Chevys in the 60s; at night if you listen carefully, you can hear them rusting.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I went into a local shop looking for a Springfield XD-9. When I asked if they had any left, the guy told me no. Then he proceeded to tell me about how bad they were. I wanted to ask him why he didn't have any if they were so bad but I just walked right back out the door. I was planning on buying it from there too whenever they had another come in. He blew the sale and lost a future customer. I won't be back. What a bonehead.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    I went into a local shop looking for a Springfield XD-9. When I asked if they had any left, the guy told me no. Then he proceeded to tell me about how bad they were. I wanted to ask him why he didn't have any if they were so bad but I just walked right back out the door. I was planning on buying it from there too whenever they had another come in. He blew the sale and lost a future customer. I won't be back. What a bonehead.

Copper Wires
    What shop was that?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington

I completely agree that it SUCKS when you go into a gun shop and the guy tells you that you don't want the specific item you asked for. Or, even worse, he says "What you want is this right here" while he grabs something out of the case that costs $300 more than you wanted to spend.

Having said all that, if you are willing to hear it, there are legitimate things about XDs that aren't great. Many guns have flaws, XD is another one of them. However, they seem to be the craze, and not many people want to discuss their flaws. You shouldn't necessarily disregard what the guy had to say.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I am going to retract the part where I said I'll never be back. I was a little upset with the guy at the time but I realize that it was just one employee. I'm going to give them another chance whenever I need something else. Having said that, I'd rather not give the shop name out at this point. Everyone else seems to have good experiences there. I didn't have a great experience at the store I finally purchased from either, but life goes on.

I also understand that there are some flaws with every firearm. The things that this particular individual mentioned were personal preferences that he used to try and steer me away from the XD and into something else.

Basically, I have been doing a ton of research on the matter and pretty much had it narrowed down to 2 handguns. I didn't need to be sold. The firearms sold themselves. I just needed pick it up from a store that I felt comfortable in and this wasn't the place at that time.

So what are the legitimate flaws. I would really like to know. I decided on S&W M&P 9c anyway.

Top Bottom