• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've replaced the whole motherboard since the keyboard problem. It's all in how comfortable you are in how deep you dig. My motherboard went stupid and I bought one on ebay with a borked LCD; did the surgery, back in business. Now I have two extra keyboards :)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    A friend of mine got a entire new keyboard sent to him from Asus after he tried to upgrade the ram I think. This was in the past 8 months or so. He didn't send his laptop in either :-/

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I received the new key from Ebay. It came with the clips and even a new nipple. I just used the new clip assembly and my keyboard is now fixed. I can easily type O's again.

That took less than 5 minutes to fix. It took longer to decide which way the clip went than it did to fix it. This just reinforces why I was so against sending my laptop in for a couple weeks or more for a 5 minute fix.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's how it goes, man. I've been in this stuff since I was still wet behind the ears, and so much of it is so easy, but their entrenched bureaucracy makes the USSR look like a ragtag of libertarians. Just call me Archibald Tuttle, I guess.

Top Bottom