Asked what I was using my ammunition in at walmart?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I was asked what I planed to to use the ammo for. I knew he meant rifle or pistol, but I replied: "To shoot stuff." Then when he said nothing, I added. "Is there a better way to use it?"

He just laughed and hit one of the two options and I paid him.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The only problem I have at wal-mart is trying to find someone who has the key to the ammo case. Anymore, automotive has it. But they at least have SOME intelligence. They never ask what the use for it is. And since I'm there buying every Saturday morning, the guy there has it already out once he sees me coming.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Want to really screw with them?

I made the unfortunate choice of trying to be convienient by bringing a 6 pack I was going to purchase to the ammo counter on my way out the door (side entrance parking, short range, but have to go through the car area to cash out). Boy, did I get every BS excuse for them not to sell me ammo, everything from state laws (made up) to Federal laws (made up by area manager) to personal refusal to sell me (on the key holder's part). Eventually, I did get the ammo I needed, but after the store manager was asked to come by and ring me up. I dont think the person who runs that department works there anymore.

For clarification, I had some clothing, the 6 pack, a bag of tortilla chips, deoderant, needed to pick up a few boxes of .22 and .38 they had in the case. Obvious the items were for sequential usage, not alltogether, but still...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Should have said it was for a pellet gun. I have never been asked what my ammo was for. If they are so worried they should just ask for I.D.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So what is the big deal? Sales Staff have to follow policy. You think the policy is stupid than stop buying ammo from Wal-Mart. People complain and complain about Wal-Mart or ChinaMart, etc, etc ... stop spending your money at this place. You can write all the letters and talk to the manager or be rude to a poor salesman, but until you stop spending and others follow nothing will change.

Very true, but yet every week, the sheep flock to the mart.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Want to really screw with them?

I made the unfortunate choice of trying to be convienient by bringing a 6 pack I was going to purchase to the ammo counter on my way out the door (side entrance parking, short range, but have to go through the car area to cash out). Boy, did I get every BS excuse for them not to sell me ammo, everything from state laws (made up) to Federal laws (made up by area manager) to personal refusal to sell me (on the key holder's part). Eventually, I did get the ammo I needed, but after the store manager was asked to come by and ring me up. I dont think the person who runs that department works there anymore.

For clarification, I had some clothing, the 6 pack, a bag of tortilla chips, deoderant, needed to pick up a few boxes of .22 and .38 they had in the case. Obvious the items were for sequential usage, not alltogether, but still...
    I did the same thing and brought a 30 pack of Keystone Light to the ammo counter while buying some 9mm. The guy was very nice and apologized and told me he had to ring them up separately. It was a minor inconvenience paying twice. The only time I've been asked if it's for handgun or rifle was in Michigan.

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    I always have that happen to me when I get the 555 round box of winchester 22lr. I have a puma .22 revolver and a marlin .22 bolt action lr and I always tell them its for my rifle :D who would be stupid enough to tell them otherwise!

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    So what is the big deal? Sales Staff have to follow policy. You think the policy is stupid than stop buying ammo from Wal-Mart. People complain and complain about Wal-Mart or ChinaMart, etc, etc ... stop spending your money at this place. You can write all the letters and talk to the manager or be rude to a poor salesman, but until you stop spending and others follow nothing will change.

+1

Some people like messing with people who are just trying to make an honest living.

Top Bottom