Asked what I was using my ammunition in at walmart?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    "I use them to stop nose bleeds"
    Tampons.png

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So what is the big deal? Sales Staff have to follow policy. You think the policy is stupid than stop buying ammo from Wal-Mart. People complain and complain about Wal-Mart or ChinaMart, etc, etc ... stop spending your money at this place. You can write all the letters and talk to the manager or be rude to a poor salesman, but until you stop spending and others follow nothing will change.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Have had the same problem, and said rifle for .45.

The guy goes "no rifle shoots .45 acp."
    ok so your going to be a dick about it?

I literally said it was an hk and made up a model because I figured if I don't know **** about hk rifles, then this dude doesn't either. He was all like "oh man those are sweet"

Cool, give me my ammo for my G21.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    So what is the big deal? Sales Staff have to follow policy. You think the policy is stupid than stop buying ammo from Wal-Mart. People complain and complain about Wal-Mart or ChinaMart, etc, etc ... stop spending your money at this place. You can write all the letters and talk to the manager or be rude to a poor salesman, but until you stop spending and others follow nothing will change.

Easy big fella......

I was just asking if anyone had ran into this and if anyone had heard of this "policy"......

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The LAST, and I mean LAST time that I went into Canada, they not only asked me if I had any firearms with me, but they asked if I OWNED any firearms! I wanted to say that it was none of their business, but instead lied and said I only owned a shotgun for hunting. I wonder if they would have let me in if I said that I owned 27 handguns, 43 assault rifles, five mortars, a flamethrower, fifteen machineguns, a tank, and BB gun?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've been asked 1 time but it wasn't is this for a pistol or a rifle. The guy actually wanted to know what I was planning on taking out to the range. I was also buying a bulk pack of 20g, several bulk packs of .40 and .45, some .357, and some random things like Hoppes no. 9 and Rem Oil. This older woman up at the front kind of shrugged and looked at me like she was confused then just hit some buttons.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I got asked for my ID by a rather nice looking younger female last time I bought ammo at Walmart, I thanked her

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Old guys who work in sporting goods at Walmart have been the only people who have given me problems when purchasing ammo. The women have been cool about it every time. A few years ago there was one old guy at the Walmart in Lebanon that refused to sell to me because he thought I was trying to buy too much (1000 rounds of 9mm) and that I was "planning to start a war." He was apparently a trap shooter, and I'll bet he wouldn't have batted an eye if I'd tried to buy 1000 rounds of 12ga target loads, but 9mm was for a bad gun. He did this twice. I had to drop the sheriff's name to get him past his emotional problems.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I*beep* "your not using this in a pistol are you?"

me:"excuse me?"

him: "I said your not using these in a handgun are you?!?" (with an irritated tone)

me: " does it matter? I've never been asked that one before....?"

Your answer:
    "It's for a community art class project, 3d sculpture."

Or:

"I'm not going to SHOOT it, are you INSANE? I'm just going to HOARD it!"

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    im 20 and want to buy .40 s&w for my carry gun and they always card:xmad:. so can i just say its for a rifle ;) any rifles shoot .40 :dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    im 20 and want to buy .40 s&w for my carry gun and they always card:xmad:. so can i just say its for a rifle ;) any rifles shoot .40 :dunno:

HK MP5 is available in 40 cal
    Olympic arms made a few 40 cal AR's

As for the 45 and 9mm Ruger made a camp rifle in both of those calibers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I had the sales girl at WM in Martinsville ask me that last week. I didn't think much of it and just said "Rifle". I definitely don't look young and she said they just had to ask.

If you don't look young why even ask you?
    Better yet, if they can't sell ammo for a handgun, why carry handgun ammo at all?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The LAST, and I mean LAST time that I went into Canada, they not only asked me if I had any firearms with me, but they asked if I OWNED any firearms! I wanted to say that it was none of their business, but instead lied and said I only owned a shotgun for hunting. I wonder if they would have let me in if I said that I owned 27 handguns, 43 assault rifles, five mortars, a flamethrower, fifteen machineguns, a tank, and BB gun?

Good thing you lost them in that boating accident.

Doc Unique

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    I am asked the same question on the rare occasion when I buy ammo. (Being a reloader--it is rare that I purchase ammo)
    I usually say I am using it in a firearm. Then if they ask a rifle or pistol
    I say yes.
    They usually don't ask any more questions after that.
    But I think that policy must be a nation-wide policy of their's.

Top Bottom