• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm applying to be the McDonald's hot coffee czar.

No one will be burned by McDonald's hot coffee on my watch.
    I'll set fines for McDonald's if their coffee is ever served above room temp. - that will fix it.
    You can't taste cold coffee, there is the benefit.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Is the Czar an Asian, or the carp?

A little late for this. The carp are going to get into the Great Lakes no matter what. The state and federal .gov has pretty just given this lip-service up until now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm applying to be the McDonald's hot coffee czar.

No one will be burned by McDonald's hot coffee on my watch.
    I'll set fines for McDonald's if their coffee is ever served above room temp. - that will fix it.
    You can't taste cold coffee, there is the benefit.

Well I want to be the hot stripper czar. Nothing worse than ugly old strippers. I will give them a thorough exam and a stamp of approval :rockwoot:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    They will spend $76M doing studies and paying for admin costs, then use $2M to put up warning signs and another $2M for signs saying who paid for the warning signs. Just as long as it looks like they did something.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    OMG: An Asian Carp Czar?

Has it really come to this? We now have an "Asian Carp Czar"? I understand the problem with these carp, but isn't there already a US Fish and Wildlife Service? Why do we need yet another unelected, unapproved by the Senate, unaccountable, virtually unlimited in power, drone serving our president? Oh, maybe I just answered my own question...

U.S. names Asian carp czar - Chicago Breaking News

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Anyone familiar with the asian carp crisis should be WELCOMING this new "czar". Put someone in a position of authority to do something about the problem!

If these asian carp get a foothold in the great lakes, they have the potential to decimate the entire economy of the great lakes. People have been screaming for action on this problem for decades.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Here a czar there a czar everywhere a czar. The article reads like it will be a good thing though. Besides, who wants to catch carp all day.:dunno:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Anyone familiar with the asian carp crisis should be WELCOMING this new "czar". Put someone in a position of authority to do something about the problem!

If these asian carp get a foothold in the great lakes, they have the potential to decimate the entire economy of the great lakes. People have been screaming for action on this problem for decades.

Then "people" should have acted on it instead of just screaming.

Like all other government plans, this one will be full of fail and cost 10x the promised price, and we'll still have carp in the rivers.

Those involved in the great lakes economy should take steps to protect their livlihood instead of just complaining about it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

:laugh: I'm familiar with the problem. That doesn't mean we need bigger government to deal with it.

Here, let me give you some perspective...

Anyone familiar with the Gun Related Violence crisis should be WELCOMING this new "czar". Put someone in a position of authority to do something about the problem!

Or

Anyone familiar with the Freedom crisis should be WELCOMING this new "czar". Put someone in a position of authority to do something about the problem!

OR

Anyone familiar with the Right Wing Extremist crisis should be WELCOMING this new "czar". Put someone in a position of authority to do something about the problem!

Where does it stop? How much government will you welcome before you lose the ability to stop them from trampling your rights?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Just wait until they get down to the last 20 carp and some environmental nutbag group files a lawsuit to have them added to the endangered species list.

Or Asian carp organizers convince the federal government that the best way to address the illegal infiltration of carp into our waterways is to put them under the jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland inSecurity.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Has it really come to this? We now have an "Asian Carp Czar"? I understand the problem with these carp, but isn't there already a US Fish and Wildlife Service? Why do we need yet another unelected, unapproved by the Senate, unaccountable, virtually unlimited in power, drone serving our president? Oh, maybe I just answered my own question...

U.S. names Asian carp czar - Chicago Breaking News
    This has got to be a joke! Please tell me that it is a joke. Do not count on the USFWS to do what we would expect them to do. They are very politicized at the top. Remember it was the USFWS that recently put the polar bear on the endangered species list since federal agencies are still working under the assumption that global warming is a man-made problem. They have changed the wording to climate change, but they are still working as if it were global warming, no matter what real scientists say or how badly the proponents of global warming are embarassed and exposed as being wrong or outright liars and crooks. They will fart around for too long of a time and the carp will invade the great lakes and wipe out the salmon and the walleye. If we are lucky, they might also get the zebra mussel.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just wait until they get down to the last 20 carp and some environmental nutbag group files a lawsuit to have them added to the endangered species list.

Or Asian carp organizers convince the federal government that the best way to address the illegal infiltration of carp into our waterways is to put them under the jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland inSecurity.

Illegals are illegals, don't be a hater.
    GRANT AMNESTY TO ALL ILLEGALS INCLUDING CARP

They are just here for a better life.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If you want to get rid of the carp, just find a market for them.

People will fish them to extinction trying to make another buck.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County

That's why they are here in the first place. They are used for food and medicine in the Chinese and Vietnamese culture. IIRC, they were first found in waters in Florida, after being imported.

Asian carp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

That's why they are here in the first place. They are used for food and medicine in the Chinese and Vietnamese culture. IIRC, they were first found in waters in Florida, after being imported.

Asian carp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well there you go. But what in the hell do you use to catch carp anyway??????

Top Bottom