Ashley Madison web site hacked. Sorry cheaters...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The Ashley Madison web site, basically a "dating" site for married cheaters, has been hacked. The hackers are really on a tear, punishing both the site and their 37M members. There is also a related site, Established Men, that is also affected.

The hacking group (The Impact Team) has captured credit card info, names, addresses, sexual fantasies, pictures, conversations and other material that they are publishing.

Ashley Madison Hacked: America's 37 Million 'Cheaters' About To Be Exposed

I'm sure there are a number of high profile names on the two sites. Things are about to get very interesting...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is totally a double standard, but I have a .... difficult time feeling much sympathy for the victims of that hack. Hacking is bad. Identity theft sucks (I know from personal experience).

But this feels more like karma.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    #1 Anyone "high profile" that is on there in a way that allows them to be identified is an idiot.

#2 Anyone on there is an idiot.

#3 To bad about the credit card info. The rest....I can't work much ire up about.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm betting a few Lib Politicians, my Ex, and 3 mods will end up exposed. Then again....some of the mods like to expose themselves....

So, we may finally know the real identities of LT6? Duh, duh, duh....

11805778489901.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    They said that they have 34,000,000 users. That's about 10% of the population!

Yeah, they are global, so it is difficult to tell how many USians there are in that.

Plus, I suspect a site like that might attract users with multiple logins.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    So a whole lot of wealthy divorce lawyers are about to get even wealthier. What if it was the divorce lawyers that hired the hackers in the first place?.......

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So a whole lot of wealthy divorce lawyers are about to get even wealthier...

I always appreciate someone who can see the bright side.

BTW- wealthy divorce lawyers...I'm sure they are out there, but I don't think I know any. Divorces where millions of assets are at issue are few and far between most places. More commonly, divorce lawyers are doing a lot more work than their time sheets reflect.

Anyhoo, yeah, not much sympathy here for the hacked...some, not much.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So a whole lot of wealthy divorce lawyers are about to get even wealthier. What if it was the divorce lawyers that hired the hackers in the first place?.......

Just like the insurance companies buying radars for the police. Or the pharmaceutical industry handing out drugs so they can sell more drugs to "treat" the side effects of the first drug. I could go on.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    So where is the info supposed to be published? Going to take a while to view 30+ million records to see anyone I know or work with lol

All I can say is my divorce lawyers did very well off of me last year and I am not wealthy by a long shot

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meh. I'm with Lex, identity theft is pretty heinous stuff. Buuuut, oh well, they're cheaters.

So two wrongs make a right? Just sayin... (Three lefts do however)

So where is the info supposed to be published? Going to take a while to view 30+ million records to see anyone I know or work with lol

If you are rich/famous, they will make sure it makes it to the media. If you arent, it will be somewhere that will show up in a google search of your name.

Top Bottom