• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The SLR's are made on Bulgarian parts and are of very high quality. Many prefer the Bulgarian parts over the Russian (SGL). I favor the Russian... but they're that close.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Arsenal are mostly Bulgarian and/or American made. I think assembly is in Nevada. But just so everyone knows Alexander Kolesnikov himself said the Bulgarian made models of AK are some of the finest made. I know i want one. Take a look at this link...it shows the Bulgarian made AKs in real time action.
    Bulgarian milled AK47's in Iraqi army service

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not an AK guy, but I've been thinking about buying one. I tend to think in terms of AR-15's when comparing AK's. Would it be safe to say that the Arsenal AK47's are the AK equivalent of a Colt 6920, or would they be more like a rock river or bushmaster?

I'm just trying to figure out the benchmark for a quality AK.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Arsenal are mostly Bulgarian and/or American made. I think assembly is in Nevada. But just so everyone knows Alexander Kolesnikov himself said the Bulgarian made models of AK are some of the finest made. I know i want one. Take a look at this link...it shows the Bulgarian made AKs in real time action.
    Bulgarian milled AK47's in Iraqi army service
    Arsenal USA is about 50/50 Bulgarian and Russian. Arsenal of Bulgaria is a different company, they're the actual manufacturer of Bulgarian AK's. Arsenal USA imports from Arsenal Bulgaria and also from Izhmash (Saiga) for their two different product lines.

SLR: Bulgarian made
    SGL: Russian made

Arsenal imports mostly complete firearms then converts them to meet 922r regulations regarding parts count. They install a few US made parts like hand guards, triggers, stocks, pistol grips, gas pistons, muzzle brakes, etc. Otherwise the key components are all either Bulgarian or Russian made including the receivers, sights, bolts, carriers, gas tubes, barrels, etc.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've only held one Arsenal AK, it was all black and down at Kieslers. Felt pretty good but I like my Maadi and/or Bulgy 74 just as much. I'm sure they shoot great though and if I had a chance I would probably get one!

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    My Arsenal is bonkers. Not as refined as some of the custom guns I've seen come through the shop, but it's very accurate 2-3" groups at a 100 with Tulammo or whatever steel cased I put in it.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    My Arsenal is bonkers. Not as refined as some of the custom guns I've seen come through the shop, but it's very accurate 2-3" groups at a 100 with Tulammo or whatever steel cased I put in it.
    Arsenals are service grade rifles. They're built at a military arsenal for military use with the exception of their being neutered for the civilian market. Take a government contract FN made M16 and compare it to a Les Baer custom AR and the FN will pale in comparison. Custom will always be nicer than service grade rifles, or they should be! :) I would actually prefer a service grade rifle for daily use... but that's because I'm a freak about banging up my super nice stuff. :D

Top Bottom