• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    A volunteer serves to protect your privilege to, how do you put it, " yes I did it to annoy". You picked something your good at.

I take issue with that absolutely ridiculous statement. Please tell me how the current conflicts in Asia being fought by voluntary government workers are protecting "my right to annoy."

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We don't have a draft because we have a lot of good people that volunteer. A volunteer deserves respect, they are stepping up to do a job that had to be done. They give of themselves so you don't have to.

A volunteer makes a sacrifice, a draftee is a sacrifice.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    We don't have a draft because we have a lot of good people that volunteer. A volunteer deserves respect, they are stepping up to do a job that had to be done. They give of themselves so you don't have to.

A volunteer makes a sacrifice, a draftee is a sacrifice.

You might as well stop trying to argue with these two. It is obvious they are liberal trolls and will only run to a moderator the first time they get their panties in a bunch.

They come in this thread and fully support the suspension of TA for our troops yet, they say nothing about illegal aliens getting reduced or free college tuition (essentially a full ride scholarship) where TA only funds a portion of college tuition. They also don't mention that to advance to higher ranks, a college degree is required.

They don't refute our giving Egypt $250m or the billions in foreign aid.
    They don't refute the ship we just gave to Singapore.
    They don't refute the 99 months of unemployment "benefits" or the swelling welfare ranks and obamaphones.

They do bait people and I think secretly dislike military personnel. They claim to "respect" military but hell, even Bobo the Clown says that and we know EXACTLY where we stand with him.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You might as well stop trying to argue with these two. It is obvious they are liberal trolls and will only run to a moderator the first time they get their panties in a bunch.

They come in this thread and fully support the suspension of TA for our troops yet, they say nothing about illegal aliens getting reduced or free college tuition (essentially a full ride scholarship) where TA only funds a portion of college tuition. They also don't mention that to advance to higher ranks, a college degree is required.

They don't refute the 99 months of unemployment "benefits" or the swelling welfare ranks and obamaphones.

They do bait people and I think secretly dislike military personnel. They claim to "respect" military but hell, even Bobo the Clown says that and we know EXACTLY where we stand with him.

How many degrees do you have?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    How many degrees do you have?

None, but I am thinking of the guys that work for me. I am thinking of the guys in the future.

I have tons of credits and only need a few classes to complete 3 different degrees. I signed up for a class for civilian licensing that will cost me $3000 this June, was looking forward to TA to offset at least $750 of that cost.

But no longer. The entire cost will come out of my pocket for a license that counts for a tremendous amount toward promotion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You are especially long-winded for a person that knows very little about the persons you are referring to. But if we want to go down that road....

...you could just as easily be an interwebz "faker" who talks about his 24 years on Seal Team 6, while in the Air Force, winning 2 Distinguished Iron Medal of Crosses in the process.

Point is, talk on what you know, not on what you think.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    You are especially long-winded for a person that knows very little about the persons you are referring to. But if we want to go down that road....

...you could just as easily be an interwebz "faker" who talks about his 24 years on Seal Team 6, while in the Air Force, winning 2 Distinguished Iron Medal of Crosses in the process.

Point is, talk on what you know, not on what you think.

About what I expect from someone such as yourself. I mean, look at your tag. It screams instigator and troll.

Did you ever serve?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Oh, and for this class, I have to take 10 days of my own vacation time, use my own vehicle to travel to the class and pay for my own hotel room while at the school. But hey, I volunteered, I guess I deserve it and asked for it.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    None, but I am thinking of the guys that work for me. I am thinking of the guys in the future.

I have tons of credits and only need a few classes to complete 3 different degrees. I signed up for a class for civilian licensing that will cost me $3000 this June, was looking forward to TA to offset at least $750 of that cost.

But no longer. The entire cost will come out of my pocket for a license that counts for a tremendous amount toward promotion.

This shows how "out of touch," you are. Do you have any idea the price tag on having enough credits to be nearing completion of THREE degrees? Outside of the GI Bill, you've wasted taxpayer money, because obviously you can decide what degree you want to finish. I imagine if this type of thing is widespread, it makes a fair bit of sense to discontinue educational assistance.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Benefits change in any job. The only things that are guaranteed to any service member are those placed in the contract. The GI Bill cannot be taken away under the sequestration. Base pay cannot be taken away and at least they are not messing with BAQ, Jump Pay, Hazardous Duty Pay and other benefits that places money in the pockets of service members on a monthly basis. Besides, this just may be temporary and hopefully will pass.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    About what I expect from someone such as yourself. I mean, look at your tag. It screams instigator and troll.

Did you ever serve?

22 years as a Army Brat, from a father that served 28. From Patch in Stuttgart, to Rucker in Alabama.

But I fail to see how this is about me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Oh, and for this class, I have to take 10 days of my own vacation time, use my own vehicle to travel to the class and pay for my own hotel room while at the school. But hey, I volunteered, I guess I deserve it and asked for it.....

Are you active duty? Where are you stationed?

YES, you did volunteer, which means you can walk away when it's time to ETS or retire. I have no horse in this race and I'm certainly not against you, but you are taking this WAY overboard.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    This shows how "out of touch," you are. Do you have any idea the price tag on having enough credits to be nearing completion of THREE degrees? Outside of the GI Bill, you've wasted taxpayer money, because obviously you can decide what degree you want to finish. I imagine if this type of thing is widespread, it makes a fair bit of sense to discontinue educational assistance.

Now look who is talking out of their arse.....

I earned these credits thru correspondence courses I took and thru promotions and courses I took to earn this promotions as well as the time I have spent in my MOS/rating. I also earned a ton of credits for attending a police academy and different classes I took while on the dept.

So tell me again how I "wasted" tax payer dollars?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Now look who is talking out of their arse.....

I earned these credits thru correspondence courses I took and thru promotions and courses I took to earn this promotions as well as the time I have spent in my MOS/rating. I also earned a ton of credits for attending a police academy and different classes I took while on the dept.

So tell me again how I "wasted" tax payer dollars?

Then you are no way near completing THREE degrees, unless these "degrees" fall well short of 128 credits.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    22 years as a Army Brat, from a father that served 28. From Patch in Stuttgart, to Rucker in Alabama.

But I fail to see how this is about me.

Because you're equating serving with being an army brat. Two entirely different things.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Can't we all just get along.......at least in the break room.:)

Bottom line is they are trying to make sequestration hurt and rub our noses in it.
    Most of us have served our country in one way or another, either locally, or nationally. We need to focus our anger at the cause, not at each other.:patriot:

Kut, lets go argue about something in the politics section before I start singing Kumbaya in here.:ingo:

Top Bottom