• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I watch and have picked up a couple of good deals on there. I'm cautious though. I feel safer with INGO though. I watch and when something I want is available. I'll pick it up.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Armslist is a great example of why some of the INGO rules are important, and work.

That being said, there are quite a few good people that use Armslist, and if you keep your eyes open you can find deals. I have both bought and sold firearms on armslist, and without sites like INGO and Armslist many of us would be stuck with dealer trade in prices when we decide we no longer want a firearm we own.

Since Armslist posts are generally deleted after an item sells, and the overpriced item ads sit stagnant, it often seems like everything is over priced when that is not always the case. When you browse the listing and only see overpriced firearms, or WTB posts with ridiculous hopes - keep in mind that many of the bargains and realistic buyers existed, but transactions already took place.

I really think the INGO forums method is superior, with sold firearms threads simply being "closed", so you can gauge what firearms are actually selling for - not just what people are asking. I think it would be great if we could convince everyone to edit in the final price when they close a thread and mark it "SOLD", that way if a firearm is negotiated down lower and sells it is reflected in the closed thread.

Last edited:

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I as well have done most of my dealing on hoosiertopics. I don't know if I am getting smarter or more paranoid, but whatever it is, I do not like to deal on there. Hence why I am trying to get my post count up on INGO... only 37 more to go after this... but who's counting anyways :)

Become a Site Supporter and you can post in the classifieds without having to wait for the 50 post rule. $15 for a one year membership. Plus it increases your private message storage from 50 to 500. Which comes in handy when buying and selling in the classifieds section. Best $15 I've spent this year. :D

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I tried to buy an expensive gun on the local Armslist today and got an email from some russian dude with an email based in the UK wanting me to mail a check to an Apt in TN......pass.

Yep I cant tell you how many times I've responded to a ad on Armslist for a high end 1911 and get a email back saying their in the military stationed in a base in another state. Wanting me to wire money to them and they will send me the gun to the FFL of my choice. I flag their ad as a scam. Armslist usually removes the ad quickly after its been flagged.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yep I cant tell you how many times I've responded to a ad on Armslist for a high end 1911 and get a email back saying their in the military stationed in a base in another state. Wanting me to wire money to them and they will send me the gun to the FFL of my choice. I flag their ad as a scam. Armslist usually removes the ad quickly after its been flagged.

I've had him before on a high end rifle.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I've made several transactions via armslist. All buying however and only issue I've ever had was a guy backing out the day of the sale stating he sold it to a different buyer at a higher price. Also have made a pretty good connection on there so he comes to me before he lists anything on there.

Like others have stated, there are deals to be made, but are those posts that make you very cautious/paranoid.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Armslist is a great example of why some of the INGO rules are important, and work.

That being said, there are quite a few good people that use Armslist, and if you keep your eyes open you can find deals. I have both bought and sold firearms on armslist, and without sites like INGO and Armslist many of us would be stuck with dealer trade in prices when we decide we no longer want a firearm we own.

Since Armslist posts are generally deleted after an item sells, and the overpriced item ads sit stagnant, it often seems like everything is over priced when that is not always the case. When you browse the listing and only see overpriced firearms, or WTB posts with ridiculous hopes - keep in mind that many of the bargains and realistic buyers existed, but transactions already took place.

I really think the INGO forums method is superior, with sold firearms threads simply being "closed", so you can gauge what firearms are actually selling for - not just what people are asking. I think it would be great if we could convince everyone to edit in the final price when they close a thread and mark it "SOLD", that way if a firearm is negotiated down lower and sells it is reflected in the closed thread.

Now if we could only get people to stop editing the price out of their threads after the item has sold.

:facepalm:

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth

The only ads really worth looking at will provide a phone number. I want to speak to the person selling a firearm as you can judge, with in reason, if you are comfortable with the transaction.

The items I've listed I offer a phone number and will have them visit my office to inspect the item. I don't have anything to hide in my transactions and offering a secure public place is best for everyone.

If giving out your real phone number is truly an issue... just use Google Voice! Anyone can have a Google Voice Phone Number. It will hide your true phone number, yet still provide a way for potential buyers to call you! If some twat is bothering you or keeps trying to low ball your listing you simply log on to Google Voice and Block their phone number. They will get a number has been disconnected message if they try calling again. www.google.com/voice

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    The only ads really worth looking at will provide a phone number. I want to speak to the person selling a firearm as you can judge, with in reason, if you are comfortable with the transaction.

The items I've listed I offer a phone number and will have them visit my office to inspect the item. I don't have anything to hide in my transactions and offering a secure public place is best for everyone.

If giving out your real phone number is truly an issue... just use Google Voice! Anyone can have a Google Voice Phone Number. It will hide your true phone number, yet still provide a way for potential buyers to call you! If some twat is bothering you or keeps trying to low ball your listing you simply log on to Google Voice and Block their phone number. They will get a number has been disconnected message if they try calling again. www.google.com/voice

I completely disagree with anything related to online dealings. It is simply too easy to communicate via message/email, and I'd rather filter out the junk before I start talking to people on the phone.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I completely disagree with anything related to online dealings. It is simply too easy to communicate via message/email, and I'd rather filter out the junk before I start talking to people on the phone.

Everyone is different, and I'm sure that you do your dealings like that for your own reasons. Nothing wrong with that! :ingo: Both methods come to the same result... a completed transaction that will feed our next purchase/project :rockwoot:

I will leave it with this though... we all agree that there are pretty much the same things listed and relisted on armslist and only new listing that are priced right or "not shady" are the ones that sell. I have never had an armslist ad that was active for more than two days? So either I'm priced to move or my openness in dealings has something to do with it.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    That place is turning into craigslist and mighty fast. I do check on it every now and then cause some great deals do come up but I do most of my searching here on this forum.

The 2 latest WTB ads that are on there just boggle my mind.

The first one is some cat WTB a handgun and the most he will spend is 100.00.

The other is another cat WTB a sawed off shotgun. It must be sawed off and the more tactical the better.

Some people have no common sense.

This might be undercover FEDs looking to bust someone.
    Just a thought since its a WTB

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'd be afraid of the items being stolen or being set up to be robbed. Maybe I'm getting paranoid in my old age but I just like to deal on Ingo. :dunno: :ingo:

I as well have done most of my dealing on hoosiertopics. I don't know if I am getting smarter or more paranoid, but whatever it is, I do not like to deal on there. Hence why I am trying to get my post count up on INGO... only 37 more to go after this... but who's counting anyways :)

It's not paranoia gents, it's wisdom. When dealing on Prisonlist, the wiser the better:twocents:

Top Bottom