Armed robbery @ CVS in Bloomington - what would you do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2014
    Bloomington
    Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    ...and what year was it that they banned them in Chicago and you had to get rid of it? My understanding is that handguns have been banned in Chicago for a very long time but I could be mistaken.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, when claims don't add up, expect to get questioned. :dunno: You don't make any dubious claims and we won't call you out on them. Agreed? :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sometime in the 2000s when the City formally banned handguns. If you guys would like my social please pm...

1982 was the handgun ban. What changed in 2000?

First you claim to have a license that doesn't exist. When called on it, you *really meant* you had only applied for it.
    Then you claim to have owned a pistol in Chicago before they banned them. When called on it, you *really meant* they are daddy's but you use them.

Then you get defensive about why people are questioning you? Its because you are a liar.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    1982 was the handgun ban. What changed in 2000?

First you claim to have a license that doesn't exist. When called on it, you *really meant* you had only applied for it.
    Then you claim to have owned a pistol in Chicago before they banned them. When called on it, you *really meant* they are daddy's but you use them.

Then you get defensive about why people are questioning you? Its because you are a liar.
    :+1: :lol2: Go home troll! You're drunk!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What I get defensive about is a bunch of cowboys, actually that is insulting every true cowboys, I mean old men who have nothing better to do then post their fantasies about gun use online. Yes fellas posting about what to do in a armed robbery is a fantasy sorry. I'm pretty sure that in my gun safety class we were taught not to consider pulling a gun, but rather how to avoid every having too. But please correct me if I am wrong because I apparently always am.

I am also pretty sure that conceal carry has been banned since 1980 or something in Chicago but ownership has not been. Or else that guns stores that operated in Chicago were completely unlawful and somehow we got permission to own a handgun in the city limits. Which is not the case. So enjoy getting pissy on the forum site.

Finally, I would like to say that using emoticons is extremely childish.

Then you wont like it here. Sorry to see you go. :toilet2:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What I get defensive about is a bunch of cowboys, actually that is insulting every true cowboys, I mean old men who have nothing better to do then post their fantasies about gun use online. Yes fellas posting about what to do in a armed robbery is a fantasy sorry. I'm pretty sure that in my gun safety class we were taught not to consider pulling a gun, but rather how to avoid every having too. But please correct me if I am wrong because I apparently always am.

I am also pretty sure that conceal carry has been banned since 1980 or something in Chicago but ownership has not been. Or else that guns stores that operated in Chicago were completely unlawful and somehow we got permission to own a handgun in the city limits. Which is not the case. So enjoy getting pissy on the forum site.

Finally, I would like to say that using emoticons is extremely childish.

Your posts have a lot of age related words in them. You seem insecure. Grown men aren't that concerned with "childish" behavior. If you're a college student, you're an immature one.

Why in a gun safety class would you be taught "not to consider pulling your gun"? Why bother to own and carry if you aren't going to consider if you should pull or not? If the answer is always "don't even consider pulling" than you're useless.

"Fantasies" can be useful training aids. In the Academy and at the range, I've been taught to constantly play "what if". What if I pulled up to this routine run and someone started shooting? What if I'm stopped at a red light and someone starts unloading into my car? What if this guy I'm interviewing has smuggled a knife in to the interview room with him? Why? Because then I have responses programmed in. I now look for cover and concealment instinctively. It cuts down on reaction time because you aren't in the OODA loop as long when you already have plans on board. It reminds you to stay vigilant, not just for danger but for sources of cover, escape routes, etc. It encourages a winning mindset.

You can call it playing cowboy, but its a useful exercise. Of course, I've only got a bit over 15 years of military, overseas security contracting, and law enforcement experience. I'm sure someone with a 16 hour class who's take away was "not to consider pulling" and who shot his daddy's guns knows better than me.

I'll give you some quality time with Google to learn about the Chicago gun ban of 1982.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you would like to begin enjoying the forum I suggest you read a lot and post very little. Trying to establish your experience with false statements and condescension is not a good recipe. There is a vast amount of firearms experience on this forum and you would do well to soak some of it up before criticizing that which you obviously know nothing about. Your youthful exuberance is fine but attacking people who have vastly more knowledge and experience will inevitably get you targeted for well-deserved scorn and derision. Put your holier-then-thou attitude in your back pocket for a while and maybe you will learn enough to actually make an interesting and thoughtful post. Wisdom is something that can only be gained through time and experience. Be patient and throw your pre-conceived notions away.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I am not here to have a pissing contest so lets stop the who knows more drama. Second, I am not saying I am an expert by any means. I did some research of my own, the reason we were allowed to keep our guns was some grandfather-in clause. Which made it only legal to sell ammunition to us or something. Illinois laws are a pain in the ass.

I said this about ten post ago but I would like to start enjoying this forum. I am not going to sit here and dissect everyones post, which you seem to love to do. So in all respect because you have the biggest unit in the room buzz off.
    You're the one who came in here and started lying right off the bat. BBI is respected around here as much as anyone. His opinion and experience matter, yours is irrelevant. Not saying this to be mean, but you ruined your credibility within 10 posts of joining this forum. Go read other threads and start contributing in a meaningful way if you want to stick around and enjoy this website.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'll tell you what I *did* do-- past tense--if occurs.

Speculating on what I *would* do is worthless, because frankly I only have wishful thinking at this point. I'm generally less likely to lose my composure in moment of crisis, but how well that translated into increased or decreased safety is completely unknowable for now.

I hope I never learn.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Speculating on what you would do isn't worthless. It opens up your mind to what different possibilities are in a given situation. If done properly, speculation can help you be mentally prepared in a moment of crisis. Why do you think emergency personnel drill with fake car accidents and thing of that nature? Preparation pays off when the real thing happens.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am not here to have a pissing contest so lets stop the who knows more drama. Second, I am not saying I am an expert by any means. I did some research of my own, the reason we were allowed to keep our guns was some grandfather-in clause. Which made it only legal to sell ammunition to us or something. Illinois laws are a pain in the ass.

I said this about ten post ago but I would like to start enjoying this forum. I am not going to sit here and dissect everyones post, which you seem to love to do. So in all respect because you have the biggest unit in the room buzz off.

I'm sure what you meant was, "I'm sorry I came in and introduced myself with lies about owning guns and having a permit. I just wanted to fit in, and thought you guys would respect me more and take me seriously if I said those things. I'm sorry I called you names and have been a condescending jerk. I'm young and still think I know everything until I get called on it. I will stop blaming others for pointing out my BS and stop whining and indicating that none of this was my fault and you're just big meanies for pointing it out. I just want to move on and enjoy this forum. So, I will offer this sincere apology, stop the name calling and condescending posts, and take responsibility for my own role in this mess so that we can all move forward and perhaps enjoy this site together."

Apology accepted, welcome to INGO. :welcome:

cmax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2014
    Bloomington
    I'll tell you what I *did* do-- past tense--if occurs.

Speculating on what I *would* do is worthless, because frankly I only have wishful thinking at this point. I'm generally less likely to lose my composure in moment of crisis, but how well that translated into increased or decreased safety is completely unknowable for now.

I hope I never learn.

Speculating on what you would do isn't worthless. It opens up your mind to what different possibilities are in a given situation. If done properly, speculation can help you be mentally prepared in a moment of crisis. Why do you think emergency personnel drill with fake car accidents and thing of that nature? Preparation pays off when the real thing happens.

If this is a forum why can't you respect someones answer? Hohn said his opinion and since it is not agreeing with you guys you think he is wrong. Am I using these right?! psyko

Last edited:
    Top Bottom