• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I love the comments on the guys pictures, only to find out that his is a LTCH holder. This shows that we cannot judge people by looks alone. The comment about the look on his face looks "gangster" or whatever. Who wouldn't looked pissed off when they were just booked for something they did not understand they were breaking? I know I would. Now is it his fault for carrying in Ill? YES! Does he get sympathy from me, yes and no. I know many people in Anderson that look like this that are the nicest people you would ever meet. Sorry to go on a rant here, but some of those previous comments are ridiculous.

Yep, that would be me that said that.

And I was out of line.

I have been in a similar position myself and I did not give the benefit of doubt at first because of the impression. Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land, however it is ignored anymore by most of the people on the prosecuting end. Again, been there, done that, have the t-shirt (and legal bills) to prove it. I was lucky, after six months, everything was dropped and expunged, but I still had to pay through the nose in the process just to ensure I got half a chance in the legal system.

Left me a little sour on overzelous cops and proscutors who if had taken an extra hour or two to look at a whole picture, could have saved me a lot of time, money and grief.

I have no love for our legal system now, no trust in the people and I bet that guy feels the same. Everytime that happens to someone, it creates a chain of distrust that gets reflected in the victims family, friends, and especially children. My father was a cop and neither I or my children will ever talk to one again in any offical manner without an overpaid lawyer present.

Sorry about the rant. I judged on appearance and being through the grinder in the past, should not have made any assumptions whatsoever.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yep, that would be me that said that.

And I was out of line.

I have been in a similar position myself and I did not give the benefit of doubt at first because of the impression. Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land, however it is ignored anymore by most of the people on the prosecuting end. Again, been there, done that, have the t-shirt (and legal bills) to prove it. I was lucky, after six months, everything was dropped and expunged, but I still had to pay through the nose in the process just to ensure I got half a chance in the legal system.

Left me a little sour on overzelous cops and proscutors who if had taken an extra hour or two to look at a whole picture, could have saved me a lot of time, money and grief.

I have no love for our legal system now, no trust in the people and I bet that guy feels the same. Everytime that happens to someone, it creates a chain of distrust that gets reflected in the victims family, friends, and especially children. My father was a cop and neither I or my children will ever talk to one again in any offical manner without an overpaid lawyer present.

Sorry about the rant. I judged on appearance and being through the grinder in the past, should not have made any assumptions whatsoever.

I feel the same way you do about LE and our legal system. It's sad, but you can't even talk to somebody in that field without the possibility of it coming back to bite you. And I wanted to do it full time, but I've been kind of soured on the career and will probably go into something else. It's sad that we can't even sit and talk without a lawyer b/c many LE and attorneys will use whatever they can to get at you. It made me nervous just to admit to stuff I did during hiring processes. You never know...

Top Bottom