• ...and so much more!
  • JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Hope he isn't one of ours..

Armed Hoosier held at Chicago event | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

CHICAGO — Chicago police say they arrested a 25-year-old Indiana man for allegedly carrying a loaded 9mm handgun into the Taste of Chicago.
    Police say Shrome George of Michigan City, Ind., tried to enter a security checkpoint late Saturday.

He faces unlawful possession of a handgun, among other weapons charges, and is expected in bond court today.

A telephone listing for George couldn’t be located today and it was immediately unclear if he had an attorney.

The Taste of Chicago is an annual outdoor food event on Chicago’s lakefront.
    Chicago police have amped up security at such events after a man was fatally shot and three others injured following a pre-Independence Day fireworks display last year.

A police spokesman says George’s arrest shows a “zero tolerance policy for criminal activity.”

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have heard that even LEO from a different state is not aloud to carry in Cook Co ?

But it is funny that the media does not tell us if this is just some guy with a permit that forgot to take it off his hip or a gang banger that was there for a reason?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    But it is funny that the media does not tell us if this is just some guy with a permit that forgot to take it off his hip or a gang banger that was there for a reason?

It doesn't matter....all people with guns are bad! Didn't you get the memo?;)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have heard that even LEO from a different state is not aloud to carry in Cook Co ?

If they would arrest an LEO/Retiree in Cook Co. for carrying they would lose in court, due to the LEOSA. New York city has found this out already.

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008

That's what I was thinking.... I guess the media wants to portray the fallacy that guns are illegal regardless :noway: The problem with this mentality is that people who come to a "more free state" from the communist states will assume that all guns are illegal :xmad:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As I was approaching the entrance to King Tut inside the childrens museum today, there are two sheriff deps. I was wondering if I would be made. But they were ornamental. :)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would like to see how this plays out. If he had a IN LTCH and just didn't check recipiocity or if he had some bad intent. Knowing the liberal media we more than likely will never hear another word about it, unless they find a more negative spin to put on it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Nah, I've carried in Chicago before w/o problems. Went to the Sears Tower and I bypassed the security with my ID. The off-duty CPD officer working security there was very nice about it. It was right after the law had passed and it was the first time I tested the waters...I've carried in NYC since then as well. Don't believe the stories, the LEO's are very accommodating.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    word.jpg
    ???

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would like to see how this plays out. If he had a IN LTCH and just didn't check recipiocity or if he had some bad intent. Knowing the liberal media we more than likely will never hear another word about it, unless they find a more negative spin to put on it.

Probably not going to go well for him. I know a guy with a LTCH who was picked up in Cook county last year. he is still waiting for his gun, may never get it back.

Top Bottom