• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    ARMA is a great simulator for anyone interesting in Combined Arms combat. Here is an interesting look on how they are attempting to simulate penetration, deflection, and trajectory.

[video=youtube;cix07R1vlhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cix07R1vlhI[/video]

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    OMG, I have to get this game! I've not seen one game where you can shoot through any object with realistic physics. In Americas Army you could only shoot through wooden doors and windows.

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    i have the game but am having a hard time getting the hang of it. I spend a lot of time running around and not seeing much action. I get to where I need to be and the action has moved on.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Americas army was fun for a while bug I kept going back to battlefield 2. Then 3 came oug and they went the cod route. Never played arma series but always heard good things. I used to play a mod for and old game. The mod was called true combat elite. Back then it was the most realistic thing to bad those people cant come out with a standalome gamw. Im sure they would make a game right.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    There is a new version of Americas Army out now too. I don't have a PC setup here right now, so I'm way out of practice. These aren't really games, they are simulators. The goal isn't to kill bad guys necessarily, it is to stay alive, and accomplish the mission with your team. Basically, the focus is on tactics, so studying house clearing tactics, patrol formations and such, and approaching the mission from a more scientific angle where the odds are best in your favor is where its at. The guns and optics are as real as possible.

I can't wait until I get my new house, and setup a man cave... :)

Top Bottom