• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The all or nothing purists do not understand how the left has been successful. That they did it over decades. Just as someone says, in reference to the gay marriage battle, that "well no one is coming into your church and telling you what to believe". My answer is not yet. But the activists constantly push, they make it a soap opera for entertainment on the news. But slowly, ever slowly, they put their morality into place. They make it the conventional wisdom. Thus kids graduate college thinking that this is the way the world works. And that if you believe in freedom or faith or individual rights then you are an extremist.

I would qualify this by saying not HERE yet. In Canada, it is already illegal for a preacher to preach from the pulpit that homosexuality is a sin.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I would qualify this by saying not HERE yet. In Canada, it is already illegal for a preacher to preach from the pulpit that homosexuality is a sin.

This is a huge reason why I stopped going to church. Priests have gotten extremely political in the past decade, almost every mass had a talk that mentioned something about current political issues. I went to worship, not get a political lesson.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is a huge reason why I stopped going to church. Priests have gotten extremely political in the past decade, almost every mass had a talk that mentioned something about current political issues. I went to worship, not get a political lesson.

I think you took the exact wrong lesson from that. I believe the point is that the nation would not be going down the toilet if the people of the church were doing their job, which they have been failing to do for a very long time now. If the Great Commission were truly being carried out, how much of this nonsense would be happening? Also, if you read, you will find a lot of things in scripture that were not presented as political issues per se, but were just as political as our contemporary social issues.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You have the purists and you have the realists. Purists have their heart in the right place but not their brain. They seem to want end all be all victories instead of taking a bunch of small victories that eventually add up. That's how a lot of the anti-gun states got away with it, they stripped gun rights bite by little bite until they became de facto no-issue carry states with draconian ownership laws.

I've been called a 'purist' many times and this is definitely not an accurate assessment of myself or any other 'purists' that I know.

I may be pure in my political ideals, which center around liberty. But I am practical in my approach to gaining liberty.

My argument has been misrepresented as this ridiculous standard that any candidate must be perfect in every regard to gain my vote. That is not my standard. My standard is that the candidate will bring us a net gain in liberty. Mitt Romney would not have done that. He might have protected our gun rights, although his past voting record indicated otherwise. In the meantime he would have sold us out to the crony capitalists and enhanced the police state, among many other things.

My opinion was not that Mitt Romney was 'impure'. My opinion was simply that Mitt Romney would have brought us a net loss of freedom, and I refuse to vote for that.

Put up a candidate who represents a net gain in freedom and he will have my vote. Impurities and all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been called a 'purist' many times and this is definitely not an accurate assessment of myself or any other 'purists' that I know.

I may be pure in my political ideals, which center around liberty. But I am practical in my approach to gaining liberty.

My argument has been misrepresented as this ridiculous standard that any candidate must be perfect in every regard to gain my vote. That is not my standard. My standard is that the candidate will bring us a net gain in liberty. Mitt Romney would not have done that. He might have protected our gun rights, although his past voting record indicated otherwise. In the meantime he would have sold us out to the crony capitalists and enhanced the police state, among many other things.

My opinion was not that Mitt Romney was 'impure'. My opinion was simply that Mitt Romney would have brought us a net loss of freedom, and I refuse to vote for that.

Put up a candidate who represents a net gain in freedom and he will have my vote. Impurities and all.

I know, I know. I've entered a twelve step program for that, and I'm trying to quit.

Top Bottom