• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Came across one in a shop today and felt great. Ive not had a hi power before but this one fit me perfect. Does anyone know if these are a good shooter. Ill mainly use is as a range toy and carry gun if it proves reliable and durable.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have had a couple clones. Never had an Argentinian. As for the Hi Power, once you deactivate the magazine safety they have an excellent single action trigger.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I had an FEG clone. I really liked that gun. The only thing I didn't like was the GI sights. On mine the front sight was not dove tailed so changing sights was a major endeavor. I ended up selling it. Old guys and GI sights don't mix too well.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have both Argentina and Belgium Hi Power. Both shoots fine and have been flawlessly. Both feels great in the hands both are identical except the finish, the Belgium one is obvious have better finish then the FN one.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I own several HPs right, on is on my hip actually, but no copies right now. I've had several of the copies and in my opinon the FEGs are the best of the lot. The Argentine guns shoot pretty well and are decent guns. Some early Belgium HPs that were used by Israeli forces were imported not to long ago that had a fair amount of finish wear but mechanically solid guns. Once you buy a HP you'll want more..... :yesway:

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I inherited a FM Hi-power from my father when he passed. I've never actually fired it. It looks good, and seems well built. The mag well on mine is very tight and the trigger seems kinda sloppy on single action.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    The FM's are great shooters. I even read a rumor that they are made on licensed FN machinery. The FM detective models are highly sought after.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I had an FEG clone. I really liked that gun. The only thing I didn't like was the GI sights. On mine the front sight was not dove tailed so changing sights was a major endeavor. I ended up selling it. Old guys and GI sights don't mix too well.
    thank you i got one in layaway and was wondering about it.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Just seen a lightly used one at my local LGS today. Planning on going and getting it tomorrow if it is still there.... i hope its still there anyway.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The DGFM HiPowers are true copies of the P35. They are/were indeed made on actual FN tooling sold to the Argentine government. As such, they are not "clones" like most others are (FEG, Arcus, etc).

Fit and finish leave a lot to be desired, however. Internal tooling marks are to be expected, too. The externam finish is...crappy. Almost like rattle can paint.

As true clones, all HP parts fit and interchange.

If its a good price for the condition, buy it with confidence.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have an FM Hi Power and it's been a great shooter. I added an extended thumb safety and removed the mag safety which made it an even better shooter. The finish on mine was crap, so I did a Duracoat job on it last year and it looks much better now. But, even with the crappy finish, it was a great shooter. It still is in fact.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I own several HPs right, on is on my hip actually, but no copies right now. I've had several of the copies and in my opinon the FEGs are the best of the lot. The Argentine guns shoot pretty well and are decent guns. Some early Belgium HPs that were used by Israeli forces were imported not to long ago that had a fair amount of finish wear but mechanically solid guns. Once you buy a HP you'll want more..... :yesway:
    did you ever shoot hallow points though the FEG clone? i was wondering about the reliability with that type of ammo.

Top Bottom