• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I am so confused as to what happened in this thread over the weekend.. who am I supposed to be mad at again? How the eff did a segway get made from A statement from a bleach bottle blonde to how and when we can declare war?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am so confused as to what happened in this thread over the weekend.. who am I supposed to be mad at again? How the eff did a segway get made from A statement from a bleach bottle blonde to how and when we can declare war?

This isn't one of them there rhetorical questions again, is it? :D

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana

Should not be confusing, there just happened to be a few historical anomalies interjected between the bleach bottle blonde and are you still mad at her, them or whatever. Hope that clears things up.:)

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Should not be confusing, there just happened to be a few historical anomalies interjected between the bleach bottle blonde and are you still mad at her, them or whatever. Hope that clears things up.:)

I know what happened that part was rhetorical still trying to figure out the why
    WHY+SO+SERIOUS+23.jpg

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I am not sure how this turned to word games, but....YES...that's correct. No Declarations of War by Congress since WWII. Though other than a play on wording, the difference between a "Declaration of War" by Congress and a "Authorization" for military engagement (Lebanon, Vietnam War, Gulf War, War in Afghanistan, Iraq War) by Congress or UN Security Council Resolutions funded by Congress(Korean War, Bosnia, etc) seems a rather moot point to me. In all cases men and women of the military perform their assigned duties, and serve their country. They fight, sacrifice, and some come home in a flag draped casket. The families of these men and women back home do not care if it is or was declared or authorized. I don't care. My grandson in Afghanistan that has been wounded three times and still has two months left on this deployment doesn’t care...he knows he is in a War no matter how you want to massage it.

As far as the Dixie Chicks go...they dropped a turd in their soup and are still eating slop. And I'm glad. Do they have a right to say what they want...yes, of course.. the 1st Amendment says so. Does the Westboro Bapitist Church have the right to protest Military Funerals and say the vile things they do...yes again and I support the 1st Amendment that allows them to do so. Do I think it is OK or like it. Not on your life. That is the reason I will continue not to listen to the Chicks, or watch certain shows of various Hollyweirdos, and hope that the Good Lord allows the members of the Westboro Baptist church to burn in Hell for the pain and suffering they have caused military families.

Not meaning to be obtuse, or argumentative. Just my 1st Amendment :twocents:

Quoted,bumped,and repped. :yesway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Right, so I've just happened across this thread. Obviously, not a lot of real country music fans participating here.

I love the Dixie Chicks! As do most real country music fans.
    That said, speaking for most real country music fans, we would NEVER support the political stance of Natalie Maines with our $.

I can't speak for the sisters Martie and Emily, but I still won't throw money at them, unless they change my mind. They are still very talented though:
    YouTube - Court Yard Hounds - Ain't No Son (Live on Letterman 05-06-2010) [HD 1080p]

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Right, so I've just happened across this thread. Obviously, not a lot of real country music fans participating here.

I love the Dixie Chicks! As do most real country music fans.
    That said, speaking for most real country music fans, we would NEVER support the political stance of Natalie Maines with our $.

I can't speak for the sisters Martie and Emily, but I still won't throw money at them, unless they change my mind. They are still very talented though:
    YouTube - Court Yard Hounds - Ain't No Son (Live on Letterman 05-06-2010) [HD 1080p]

Most "real country fans" can't stand this new crap and I am one of them. I would rather listen to Hank, Willie, No Show Jones, Jennings, Cash, or even Kristofferson before I ever listened to some of this Pop Country. I find it hard to believe that you could claim that real country fans (mostly patriotic people) would continue to support someone who makes such unpatriotic statements. But it is your opinion and you have a right to it, and no I am not some old fogey I am probably one of the youngest people on the board if I had to guess.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Most "real country fans" can't stand this new crap and I am one of them. I would rather listen to Hank, Willie, No Show Jones, Jennings, Cash, or even Kristofferson before I ever listened to some of this Pop Country. I find it hard to believe that you could claim that real country fans (mostly patriotic people) would continue to support someone who makes such unpatriotic statements. But it is your opinion and you have a right to it, and no I am not some old fogey I am probably one of the youngest people on the board if I had to guess.

Yep, real country died long ago. I knew it was dead when they told Loretta and some others not to come to the awards shows back in the 80's. They were going for a younger hipper look.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I find it hard to believe that you could claim that real country fans (mostly patriotic people) would continue to support someone who makes such unpatriotic statements.
    Did you even read the post you quoted?:dunno:

I am probably one of the youngest people on the board...
    That was obvious long before you stated it. :rolleyes:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Did you even read the post you quoted?:dunno:

That was obvious long before you stated it. :rolleyes:

Did you even read what you quote?:dunno:

Continuing to support said band IMHO is continuing to support her political stance. If that weren't true Jerry Lee would still be one of the biggest names in music and the fact that he was living in sin with his underage cousin should have never killed his career.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Did you even read what you quote?:dunno:

Continuing to support said band IMHO is continuing to support her political stance. If that weren't true Jerry Lee would still be one of the biggest names in music and the fact that he was living in sin with his underage cousin should have never killed his career.

I respect your opinion but disagree.

Elton John is gay and I don't support that but like his music.
    Pete Townsend is a child molester and I still like his music.

The list can go on and on.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I respect your opinion but disagree.

Elton John is gay and I don't support that but like his music.
    Pete Townsend is a child molester and I still like his music.

The list can go on and on.

I don't even consider a person's sexuality to even be on the same shelf with what Ms. Maines did. If he likes that sort of thing more power to him as long as it is all on the up and up and legal. As far as Townshend that one is so up in the air and has so many twists and turns that I am staying out of that minefield. Their record sales did suffer quite a bit when that news came out though.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Does it matter that she apologized? Does it matter that President Bush said she had the right to speak her mind?

I'm not saying she was right but it won't make me turn the station when they come on.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Does it matter that she apologized? Does it matter that President Bush said she had the right to speak her mind?

I'm not saying she was right but it won't make me turn the station when they come on.

No, no, and she does have the right to speak her mind but as I said before it is where and when not what that offends me. I never cared for their music in the first place and hardly listen to the radio so oh well.:dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

She apologized, but then she took it back. Also, Bush pointed out she had the right. That doesn't mean it was good judgment.

Top Bottom