• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The issue was criticizing the President on foreign soil in time of war, something that has a long tradition. That tradition is mostly gone now, anyway, because we had sitting Congressmen criticizing him IN A WAR ZONE.

The left breaks every rule of civility, then accuses the right of it.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Its hard to be mad at them. It would be like being upset with a goat for eating your petunias or a rock for tripping you. Dumb animals are dumb animals, rocks are rocks, what else can you say?
    Should that have been in purple? I'm new here... :):

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Civility is none of my concern, and I don't listen to music based on the politics of the musician. With that said, the Dixie Chicks are not my cup of tea.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I hear plenty of bands with lyrics who "disrespect the president." And they probably toured abroad. And when aren't we at war anymore? So what if the Dixie Chicks trashed Bush? I happen to agree with them. I do disagree with how they did it, but if you want to boycott them because of their political views you better just quit listening to music. :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think this thread shows the mistake the Dixie Chicks made. The people who were most likely to be their fans are the ones most likely to be offended by what they did. Most country fans lean right and are very patriotic. They tend to support the troops under all circumstances. The ones that would not be offended by what they did are not likely to be their fans. So they made a mistake (mostly just one of them as I recall) of judgment and paid for it.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Country music after 1966 sucks. It's a historical fact.

I really like old country, but come on, man...

Alan Jackson, George Strait, Randy Travis, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Alabama, Garth Brooks, John Anderson, Half of George Jones' songs...

I will agree that the level of country quality started a decline after the 60's, but you can't totally dismiss it. ;)

/[rant]

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    HELL YES !!!!! TOBY KEITH, FOREVER..... ( for those of you, who care, they, quit "country" and they now "sing" whatever that other stuff is called now days)

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I really like old country, but come on, man...

Alan Jackson, George Strait, Randy Travis, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Alabama, Garth Brooks, John Anderson, Half of George Jones' songs...

I will agree that the level of country quality started a decline after the 60's, but you can't totally dismiss it. ;)

/[rant]

Agreed... it started going down hill, there were a few bright spots that would pop up occasionally. But now it seems pretty well dead. I also see the same thing beginning to happen to Bluegrass. As soon as pretty blonds from Canada get popular it is down hill from there music wise.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Dixie sluts were dancing chickens . Pepole listened to them not for thier political views.
    Let them play to Lilth Fair lesbos and leftists their real audience , since they didn't have a clue to as who was thier first one was.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dixie sluts were dancing chickens . Pepole listened to them not for thier political views.
    Let them play to Lilth Fair lesbos and leftists their real audience , since they didn't have a clue to as who was thier first one was.

Stop being wishy-washy and tell us how you feel, dammit!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I didn't even know what they said and didn't pay much attention to the aftermath. So, for any like me who are somewhat lost by the question proposed in this thread, here is some info:

"During a London concert ten days before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, lead vocalist Maines said, "we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States [George W. Bush] is from Texas" (the Dixie Chicks' home state)." Dixie Chicks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't read about celebrity gossip so I didn't know much about them either.

After reading their statement I sort of confused.

Didn't we all faint with joy when R. Lee Ermey went on a long public rant about the current tyrant president?

Did Obama win a lot of support with the "right wing" for starting another war? Are we supposed to not use our 1st amendment to criticize his statist agenda either?

YouTube - GEICO's R. Lee Ermey, appearing on behalf of Toys 4 Tots & USO unloads on President Obama

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Don't care. I've got better things to do than be concerned with music artists' opinions and whether or not they're still being played on the radio.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Let me clarify my stance on the chicks, it is not that they made a statement about Bush it was the fact that it seemed very unpatriotic. Right or wrong our Men and Women go to war whether they agree with it or not and put their lives on the line and for someone to be overseas shaking their head at the fact that we are going to war. Granted at the time I was still in high school so as to what was actually said I am sure was completely blown out of the water as to the quotes I am looking up now. As far as what was said I think it was a lot more disenfranchising because of where it was said. You have troubles at home, you keep them at home just my :twocents:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Didn't we all faint with joy when R. Lee Ermey went on a long public rant about the current tyrant president?

Did Obama win a lot of support with the "right wing" for starting another war? Are we supposed to not use our 1st amendment to criticize his statist agenda either?

The issue - as I explained above, was WHERE they made their statement.

The 1st Amendment has nothing to do with this issue.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

YouTube - GEICO's R. Lee Ermey, appearing on behalf of Toys 4 Tots & USO unloads on President Obama

He lost all credibility the moment he walked out on that stage with that bad cover band. Anything he said after that point in his life was moot.

And seriously, thank what ever it is that you thank that that band in that video did not finish their abortion of Paint It Black. That was definitely in the running of the worst covers of Paint It Black on Youtube.

I tried to find something worse, but I couldn't. Even this is better:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

And he had to apologize for doing it.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Their music doesn't interest me, so they'd never see a nickel from me. As far as thier trashing Bush in England; despicable. If they did it in the USA, that's one thing, but not in a foreign land. BTW when Clinton was a Rhodes scholar over there didn't he protest the Viet Nam war?

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Jesus forgives. I dont forget. They hate America and all that is right and good. Commie pinko biotchs ought to put on the berka and go live their dreams.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Let me clarify my stance on the chicks, it is not that they made a statement about Bush it was the fact that it seemed very unpatriotic. Right or wrong our Men and Women go to war whether they agree with it or not and put their lives on the line and for someone to be overseas shaking their head at the fact that we are going to war. Granted at the time I was still in high school so as to what was actually said I am sure was completely blown out of the water as to the quotes I am looking up now. As far as what was said I think it was a lot more disenfranchising because of where it was said. You have troubles at home, you keep them at home just my :twocents:

yeah but the majority of Americans only gives a rats ass about being patriotic if it looks cool and everyone else is doing it. patriotism is no longer from within peoples hearts like it once was. now when people go to a 4th of july parade or firewaorks, they do it for their kids or because its a drink fest or because its a social gathering or tradition. but the meaning of it has been lost. this is all planned in my opinion in order for our govt to join a new world order of one world government. notice how everything even war is now done as a multinational effort even though the U.S. foots the largest bill.
    America, THE TRUE AMERICA that our founders entrusted us with, will be a thing of the past in the next 50 years if we dont take it back.

our current government SUCKS, but thats not America. the govt is just the manager. or is suppossed to be. If people dont wanna be patriotic because they are ashamed of the current govt (and im not talking about current administration), then I dont blame them for it. the govt we have embarrasses and enrages me too. they are worthless and dont uphold the constitution as its written but only as they see fit. The govt we have now is worse than the one we broke away from as colonies. so dont confuse my disdain for THIS government as hate for my country. I love my country, and I wanna save it.

Im sure a loyalist will be along soon to call me names and tell me im wrong. thats fine, because I know theres no one that can truely look at this current govt and know its not out of control. you can try to ignore the problem all you want but everyone sees it. it wont go away by closing your eyes anymore people.

and screw the dixie chicks. i never liked their music anyways and im certainly not gonna give them a bigger pedestal to speak from than any other citizen just because they are rich.

read through the founders papers and the founding documents. se what you think they would be doing in todays America. I can tell you the last thing this government wants is for someone to invent a time machine and for them to come to present day america. our current government is a tyrantical oppressive abomination and a threat to freedom and this country. due to the rules of this forum I cannot speak about how we should or could solve this problem, but people sure as hell better wake up. sometimes things are bigger than your car, a nice house, starbucks in the morning, or you facebook account. there was once a time when real Americans, true Patriots walked this land and they had a sence of duty and honor to their country. not loyalty to a government, but a loyalty to neighbors and family and what was right. but Im sure most of you wont care. your still gonna just go vote for the next republican or democrat that comes along in the next election. THAT WILL SHOW THEM! foolish sheep!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom