• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    For the most part, yes. The weather could be better. The gun laws are very good, comparatively. My property taxes are not terrible. That list is BS.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Air quality is a measure for that study. Indiana, especially down here in the SW part of the state, has terrible air quality.

I like living in Indiana... I moved here 6 years ago after living in Colorado and growing up in California. Colorado is the best place I've ever lived or visited. Clean air, natural beauty, phenomenal weather. Most everyone in Colorado is from someplace else, and that makes the state very progressive in some ways -- which can be a good thing. Here in SW Indiana, the "culture" of the place eats any possible "change" for breakfast. People want to keep things the way they've always been.

But Indiana has a great charm to it. Slower pace of life, super friendly people, and an interesting mix between rural and city life. When I first moved to SW Indiana, I will admit I hated it. I told my wife I wanted to be back in Colorado within 5 years.

Well, I'm still here and can say this place grows on you. Great gun laws too!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    After living in New York for most of my life, Indiana is Nirvana. :rockwoot:

Great people, good weather, low housing costs (Trust me, it's waaaay lower than NY), cheaper gasoline (again, trust me), cleaner cities, and last but not least..... The Indianapolis COLTS.:D

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Its rigged look at 1-4

-Louisiana is happy because the Saints can actually win now
    -Hawaii is happy because they have hot natives
    -Florida is happy because all the old retired people live there
    -Tennessee is happy because they have Lynchburg

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    The fact that most of us are happy to live here is what drives people from other states so nuts. They consider us backwards, unsophisticated, and just a flyover state. The secrets to happiness are not in booming population centers and sophisticated dining and art. I'll cling to my guns, religion, and family with a smile on my face. I'm a lifer !

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Air quality is a measure for that study. Indiana, especially down here in the SW part of the state, has terrible air quality.

I like living in Indiana... I moved here 6 years ago after living in Colorado and growing up in California. Colorado is the best place I've ever lived or visited. Clean air, natural beauty, phenomenal weather. Most everyone in Colorado is from someplace else, and that makes the state very progressive in some ways -- which can be a good thing. Here in SW Indiana, the "culture" of the place eats any possible "change" for breakfast. People want to keep things the way they've always been.

But Indiana has a great charm to it. Slower pace of life, super friendly people, and an interesting mix between rural and city life. When I first moved to SW Indiana, I will admit I hated it. I told my wife I wanted to be back in Colorado within 5 years.

When I was a Senior in high school, all of the Senior football players went to Medicine Bow Wyoming to hike in the mountains for a week right before two-a-days started. All I can say is WOW. You'd think you were looking at a different sky looking up at the stars at night...You could see EVERYTHING...Then you come back here where it looks like there's about 10 stars in the sky.:n00b:

It's weird though that we are # 47 out of the 51 states here in the US.:D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    The fact that most of us are happy to live here is what drives people from other states so nuts. They consider us backwards, unsophisticated, and just a flyover state. The secrets to happiness are not in booming population centers and sophisticated dining and art. I'll cling to my guns, religion, and family with a smile on my face. I'm a lifer !

I agree with this. :yesway:

I've lived here all my life, visited many other states though and always want to come back home for one reason or another. Sure I'm surrounded by nothing but fields and some nearby small woods. But I like that, I love the nature and the peace and quiet. I've never been a fan of the big city and I doubt that'll ever change. A friend of mine from Grand Rapids, MI has come down here a couple times to visit this year and realizes shes misses the city when down here driving down the interstate by nothing but fields. :): Maybe thats part of the reason she chose that lawyer guy over me, she doesnt' like the country :noway:

Oh well, I kinda like the weather, cause you never know what its going to do. And our gun laws are much better than surrounding states, and I'd also say there are a lot of good people in this state, moreso than some others can say. ;)

Only place I'd ever think about moving would be somewhere in the mountains. But I don't ever see that happening, I like the farm too much.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i think im perfectly happy with indiana and then just pop on over to hawaii for a visit now and again.

you certainly cant live in hawaii. the last time i was there, they had 1/4 acre UNIMPROVED lots NOT waterfront for $650,000 advertised for sale

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    born and raised hoosier and would never live anywhere else, the thought of moving to even another town in indiana would never even cross my mind. I've always told my wife I will never move from bloomington on my own accord. the only other place I can fathom living is abaco, bahamas and I can fathom that very easy, they just live my type of easy going life style like its their job and I love every second of being there.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'm happy as a clam and dug in tighter'n a tick.

I wouldn't change a single thing about Indiana unless it was to change it back.

I'm not against change when it's change for a good reason, to make it demonstratably BETTER. I am aganst change just to change, just to see if it will be better or just because some one is tired of something or wants to try some expiriment with something.

If they like it better some where else then get out and go where they like it.

ozzie9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Goshen
    After living my first 65 years in north eastern Illinois , I moved here 7yrs ago. ai wouldnt trade 1 sq. in. of indiana for the whole state of Illinois!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC

The bolded and underlined part of your post is, next to the weather and the people, my favorite thing about Indiana. Call me boring, but I'm one of those people that doesn't mind if things just stay the way I'm used to them being.

Some change is good, but not all of it, and too many people get wrapped up in the idea that "anything new must be better!" I like the laid back atmosphere, and the Main street that looks like it hasn't had much done to it since the 40's. Its my kinda thing.

Top Bottom