• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hey everyone, Im in Boone County. Im looking for an archery shop that will make me a few wooden arrows that is close by. I have a small long bow that Im giving to a kid that I need arrows for.

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Not sure if he can do wooden arrows but call Mark at Dead End Archery, (765) 798-3667. He is out in Hillsboro. I do know that he left out for a few days the end of Sept for a Antelope hunt but think he should be back by now.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I don't know if this is anywhere close to what you're after, but you might enjoy this guy's take on how to make your own arrows:

Arrow Making for the Common Man - YouTube

If you don't like how he fletches them with duct tape, you could always use the replacement fletchings that you dip into hot water to shrink them onto the arrow.

I was surfing around on youtube and happened to see the above website; got a kick out of how he thinks and gets things done.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    3 rivers has kids cedars
    I order stuff from them often, but I also support my local shop....but there's not much call for traditional stuff in my area.
    Most trad type folks are a "make it themselves" type anyway.

Personally, I shoot carbons from my trad bows. They make some nice wood grain ones, but I run all black.

Not sure if anybody makes a kids carbon of woodgrain finish. Kids...........durability might be the #1 priority.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The "kid" is 14. Wood arrows are what I have always run out of traditional archery because of the penetration they give. They fly slow but they hit hard.

Top Bottom