• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Built my first AR last winter and love it. It used the basic PSA lower build kit. After having it for almost a year, and firing several other AR's, I have come to the conclusion that it really needs a better trigger. Even my S&W 15-22 has a smoother trigger.

There are a bunch of options out there, what say ye INGO with a budget of $150 or so for the replacement???

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Get the spikes battle trigger from Bradis for about 65.00. Its smooth and crisp. I put one in a friends gun and shot it. Pulled the factory trigger out of my Noveske and installed one in it also. I use it in every AR build now.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I really like the Rock River Arms NM 2-stage and it fits your budget.

I also really love the Geissele match rifle trigger in my other lower, but it's well beyond your budget.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have been using a JP adjustable single stage and have found it to be decent. With my hand loads I can get a 1" at a hundred yards with my DPMS 16" bull. I would like to try a timney drop in and see if they would be wirth the money. I have a couple hunting rifles that would benifit from a new trigger.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've used rra two stage triggers and liked them alot. I've recently tried a JP 3# kit with the speed hammer and it's really light, almost too much. At a bare minimum I put in the JP lighter yellow spring kits for the $10 they are well worth it. I did a Timney drop in on a 308 AR and it was amazing, but plenty of other equal options out there for less $$.

In my experience just about every upgrade is better than any factory trigger, but my PSA triggers are great with the JP spring kits. Try that first because for $10 you're not going to go too far wrong.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I've used rra two stage triggers and liked them alot. I've recently tried a JP 3# kit with the speed hammer and it's really light, almost too much. At a bare minimum I put in the JP lighter yellow spring kits for the $10 they are well worth it. I did a Timney drop in on a 308 AR and it was amazing, but plenty of other equal options out there for less $$.

In my experience just about every upgrade is better than any factory trigger, but my PSA triggers are great with the JP spring kits. Try that first because for $10 you're not going to go too far wrong.

I must have gotten "unlucky". I have put at least 1500 rounds through it this year and the trigger is still gritty.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Save yourself a lot of money and get the ALG Combat trigger. Much better than a mil spec and better than the Spikes in my opinion. I have shot one with a Spikes and Mine with the ALG back to back and I think the ALG is much better. No need for an expensive trigger unless you are shooting serious matches or super long range.

$65 from these guys

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3022

Last edited:

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    I just installed a CMC 3.5 pound trigger and love it... You can find it for just a tad over 150.00 Installed that over my DPMS trigger wow! I have not tried any others I couldnt believe what a difference it made...

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    RRA 2 stage with JP Enterprises spring. Like butter. Then get a grip screw with the set screw in it to adjust the take up.

Firehunter08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Camby
    The dpms is just fine at Bradis for $65. If your not comp shooting stay with a single stage. If you go with a two stage remember your finger control when you go back to a single stage.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Another vote for the rra National Match 2 trigger. I have shot several other type's and still prefer it.

Top Bottom