• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    To be honest, I get whatever has the best price or value at the time. I haven't had any problems with the metal or polymer mags. The polymer mags are overpriced for what they are though. I mean seriously, eighteen cents worth of plastic for how much?

:dunno:

Honestly, they Pmags are almost the same price as GI Mags these days. They're about $12 and you can step on them, drive over them, and they won't bend or break and will still feed your gun if you needed them to.

If you only ever shoot from a bench at the range, then it wouldn't matter.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    :dunno:

Honestly, they Pmags are almost the same price as GI Mags these days. They're about $12 and you can step on them, drive over them, and they won't bend or break and will still feed your gun if you needed them to.

If you only ever shoot from a bench at the range, then it wouldn't matter.

I get your point but who is going to drive over or step on their mags? I have seen GI mags for $9. I have seen them even cheaper on the army base yardsale websites but those are hit or miss.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    I get your point but who is going to drive over or step on their mags? I have seen GI mags for $9. I have seen them even cheaper on the army base yardsale websites but those are hit or miss.

In case of zombie outbreaks, it might be nice to have mags (Pmags) that can take a beating as opposed to mags that can't take feasible combat conditions (such as getting dropped and stepped on or driven over). Ya I know, I am going to get grief over my "feasible combat conditions" comment: all I am saying is that sturdy mags that can take a beating are more valuable to me than mags which when subjected to the same conditions are totaled.

Regarding GI mags (which I do have and agree with others who say these are good items to build up your mag stockpile) I have gotten them for around $8 apiece at DSGarms.com (Currently their ten-pack is going for $85).

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    In case of zombie outbreaks, it might be nice to have mags (Pmags) that can take a beating as opposed to mags that can't take feasible combat conditions (such as getting dropped and stepped on or driven over). Ya I know, I am going to get grief over my "feasible combat conditions" comment: all I am saying is that sturdy mags that can take a beating are more valuable to me than mags which when subjected to the same conditions are totaled.

Regarding GI mags (which I do have and agree with others who say these are good items to build up your mag stockpile) I have gotten them for around $8 apiece at DSGarms.com (Currently their ten-pack is going for $85).

ok, all BS aside. How many times in your entire life have you stepped on or drive over your mags that you are shooting with? Do you attempt to do this? I would understand an accidental stepping on during a training or carbine class but even then your chances of stepping on the mags are pretty remote. Driving over them is something only a moron would do to prove a point.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    I buy pmags, but have a dozen or so GI mags I got for Christmas in '08. I have no problem with GI mags provided they have the proper follower. I use the pmag covers to check the feed lip width every so often on the GI mags.

There is a guy (not saying where;)) at 1500 that usually sells pmags for $13. I buy 3 every show, gets me about a dozen new mags every year.

EDIT: I also recommend using the legacy Magpul magpuls to protect the floor plates of GI mags. I run them the long way along the bottom of the floor plate, so their is no "loop". It gives the mag a little more drop protection and longevity. See the mag on the right in the pic (not my pick, but exactly how I have my GI mags set up).
    magpuls.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Both pmags and metal OKay mags. I always swap out the GI followers with Magpul followers in the metal mags.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    In 5.56x45 I can take GI or PMags, but in 7.62x51 its PMags only. They feed 243AI like they have eyes and I can't say that for any other mag I've tried.

I'd stand in line to get VLD modified PMag of either type.

Top Bottom