• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    MidwayUSA.com has upper specials & other parts , check out DPMS website ,at moment they have 400$ kits less the lower reciever. So ,for 600$ you can build one while 'on sale'

Last edited:

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    You want a 1-7 or 1-8 twist ,they handle a heavier bullet better such as the 69 to 80 grain[loaded 1 at a time because they are long & wont fit in clip] ,55gr is probably what you will use mostly but you want to be able to shoot heavier bullets if Ya want to.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Optics will cost a bit ,a good scope for varmits on an AR is at local Walmart,100 $,the Nikon scopes are not junk like a 40-50 $ ones that you will cuss later. the mount is like 50$ from Midway .But I found a scope on a AR15 is kinda silly since it seems on target you can almost do as good with AR type peep sights, unless your shooting 200+ yards I wouldnt worry if your on a budget

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    Optics will cost a bit ,a good scope for varmits on an AR is at local Walmart,100 $,the Nikon scopes are not junk like a 40-50 $ ones that you will cuss later. the mount is like 50$ from Midway .But I found a scope on a AR15 is kinda silly since it seems on target you can almost do as good with AR type peep sights, unless your shooting 200+ yards I wouldnt worry if your on a budget

yeah
    the upper config that i would like to have would look like the ruger sr556
    i like the quad rail front that sits flush with the upper receiver and uses flip up sights

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    yeah
    the upper config that i would like to have would look like the ruger sr556
    i like the quad rail front that sits flush with the upper receiver and uses flip up sights
    I hear ya but those items just made the price go way up a a good bit, but get the basic kit ,reciever and build it up like you want it when you can.I think that kit at least was including a flattop upper.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    I hear ya but those items just made the price go way up a a good bit, but get the basic kit ,reciever and build it up like you want it when you can.I think that kit at least was including a flattop upper.

Hmmm...I can deal with a standard set upfor now ;)
    If your avatar suggests you are in the service
    Thank you for what you do
    Also since you have had some experience with this format
    How rugged are they? How often will I need to give it a thorough clean
    Or would a little a quick once over the bolt assembly with a rag and a snake down the bore be fine

Top Bottom