• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've had one for a good while, the basic model with the detach carry handle. We've shot it alot and it aint missed a lick.
    Don't worry about what's better/best. Buy a decent gun like a S&W, some good mags and a bunch of ammo then get out there and shoot the thing.
    You can upgrade to diffferent accessories ect later. Get some rounds downrange first.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I have an Optics Ready M&P15 that is perfect! Shoots great, and has had no problems through about 700 rounds. Couldn't ask for anything better...
    92e5656f.jpg

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have owned the Bushmaster, carried a Colt and currently own a DPMS. I love my DPMS, but am looking hard at getting another AR myself. I do like the Smith and Wesson AR-15's.

SmallTownGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Roanoke
    The M&P is a very nice AR, my friends wife chose that as her first AR, she got the model without the dust cover or the forward assist to save some coin but overall it is a good weapon. My personal vote is look into Del-Ton, they've been putting out great stuff at affordable prices.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just recently picked up a s&w m&p15 Sport model as my first AR and I love it!!! The sport model has no dust cover or forward assist, comes with one pmag, and has sights. It is ready to go right out of the box and IMHO is a great rifle!

Hk91_son

Plinker
    Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Richmond
    Great choice

I have a an M&P lower upgraded with a p.o.f. 18.5" upper and magpul prs stock,moe grip,b.a.d.lever,ergo grip,ergo vertical grip,yhm sights,10x swift optic. A great long range gun. Zero problems from the S&W.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Build your own!!! Very rewarding and highly addictive. I have found with the price you pay for an AR plus the cost of customizing it you are better off to build one to your preference.:twocents:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just recently picked up a s&w m&p15 Sport model as my first AR and I love it!!! The sport model has no dust cover or forward assist, comes with one pmag, and has sights. It is ready to go right out of the box and IMHO is a great rifle!

Pretty much my same experience. I replaced the handguard on my Sport with an MOE, and replaced the grip with an MOE as well.

Very good rifle for the price. I picked up my Sport for $599.

Had the PSA rifle been out at the time, i may have considered it.

Top Bottom