• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Alright, I have saved up twice money as the cost of the AR-15 I want. However, I can't find any ranges, including MCFG which I belong to, that allow me to shoot 5.56/.223!

I really wanna get the rifle but if I cannot practice or train, then this seems like a silly purchase.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You may not want to hear this, but be willing to drive further. There are ranges closer to my house, but I'll drive just over an hour one way to go to Young's Longshot because I think the range and what it offers is worth it. I go to the range less often because of this, but the range is only good for shooting. I can handle my rifle and practice pulling the trigger from awkward positions (that a range won't allow) at home.

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    So basically what I am hearing is pull the trigger on the AR and get it?

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yes, the AR is a worthwhile tool and learn it and how to use it efficiently. I wasn't a big fan for a long time but since I bought my first AR10 and then my AR15 I've learned the advantages of them and their possible and proper usages.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Buy it. Beech Grove has an indoor 25 yard or go to some of the other ranges mentioned. Atterbury has a 50 and 100 yard as well. I live near you and travel to Atterbury and its not a bad drive at all. Just shy of an hour on I-65

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I didn't see anyone mention Atterbury. 50 and 100 yard outdoor range, about 45 min south of you, near the Edinburgh outlet mall.

That's typically where I go to shoot outdoor.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Elwood Conservation Club does, too. Straight up 37, take a left at 5 Star jeep (Chrysler? some car dealership), left at the T and it'll be on your left. I was in the same boat until I saw it mentioned in here. They've got 25/50/75/100yd ranges along with a pistol range.

(oops just noticed it was already mentioned, still, I've enjoyed it myself and the drive is not bad)

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you don't mind a little drive you can shoot here: DNR: Wilbur Wright

I go out there all the time when I want to shoot the long guns that are not allowed at MCFG. It will only cost you the gas there and back. I have also shot at Beech Grove Firearms a nice indoor range.

Top Bottom