Not open for further replies.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Is that a monolithic upper?
    If not you might want to move that mount back a bit. Get it off the rail and onto the receiver.

It's not monolithic, but it works fine right where it is. That's where the EOTech was for years... including my last combat deployment. Going to add a 3x unit behind it one of these days.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Made a few upgrades to the Ruger today: Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 BDC Scope on a Vortex Mount and a Magpul MOE Stock. Just need a good sling and I will be all set.

attachment.php

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Here's a little progress on my "slow & steady" budget build. Got the CMMG LPK installed today and also put the FA and dust cover on the stripped upper.

So far, after some great deals, I'm less than $300 in to the rifle.

Anderson lower
    Milsurp M4 upper
    CMMG LPK
    M16 BCG
    I have a basic carbine stock and hand guard set, but I'm still deciding where I want to go from here.
    Finished for now. Upgrades to come after the holidays.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have an HK style front sight. Have to be careful with them. It's easy to center the front ring... really have to concentrate to focus on the sight post. Mine's coming off soon.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    I have an HK style front sight. Have to be careful with them. It's easy to center the front ring... really have to concentrate to focus on the sight post. Mine's coming off soon.

Thank you for the insight. I mainly like the way they look on an AR built in that 9mm style, very HK'ish. I think it looks very similar to an MP5-K. I'm still curious about trying one though...

Do you have a Troy?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Thank you for the insight. I mainly like the way they look on an AR built in that 9mm style, very HK'ish. I think it looks very similar to an MP5-K. I'm still curious about trying one though...

Do you have a Troy?

Yeah. I have the tritium night sights. (love them) I'm gonna switch the post with the tritium to another troy sight that is more AR shaped off another gun. To be honest, that's why I got the HK style one, I thought it looked kinda cool.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    It's the 4" rail they no longer make. You can still find them on obscure websites. The HK style sights are made by centurion. They do a lot with bcm, so if check the bcm site first.

Shoot. I was afraid of that "no longer make" part... Do you have any hints or tips for those obscure sights?

Yeah. I have the tritium night sights. (love them) I'm gonna switch the post with the tritium to another troy sight that is more AR shaped off another gun. To be honest, that's why I got the HK style one, I thought it looked kinda cool.

So, the tritium post you had was in the HK style sight, and it still made it difficult to focus on the post?

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    Where'd you find the A1 upper and pencil barrel?

I bought a complete kit from ak-builder.com

It's a good kit overall but they don't include a trigger guard so I need to get a gray one. They forgot to put a roll pin in my gas tube/front sight base but they sent me one yesterday.

Damn if that don't bring back memories. It will need a number painted on the stock...

It has a number painted on the other side of the stock.

M9B1nYQ.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom