• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I just got my SOPMOD BLOCK II clone put together so I thought I would share it. It's not complete yet but it's getting closer.

25bfa5ce.jpg

54faff7c.jpg

You're missing a happy switch. :D

bgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Central Indiana
    photo2.jpg
    bighoosier
    a%3E
    This is my first AR build. Smith & Wesson M&P15OR. Magpul MOE handguard, stock, +grip, MBUS set, and Magpul MS3 sling with ASAP attachment point. And today I drove over an hour to ACME in Seymour to pick up my Aimpoint PRO.
    photo2.jpg

Last edited:

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Decided to ditch the DD VFG and give the Magpul AFG2 a try. I am really liking the AFG2 in terms of its ability to help me more comfortably hold/control the weapon the way I want to.

Also, I recently installed the new Magpul STR stock to replace my MOE stock. Pros over the old MOE: Better cheek weld (by far), storage capacity, reversible QD socket, and friction lock that removes any and all play/wobble with the stock on the RE. Highly recommend it if you are considering a new stock.

Last night I added a pair of XTM panels to the bottom of the rail: one in front of the AFG2 that allows me to get my left/support hand out further on the weapon (also serves sort of an index function to keep me from getting my hand TOO far out) and another between the mag well and the AFG2 to serve as protection for the rail.

I highly recommend the XTM panels. More comfortable/better grip than the ladder covers, easy to install, and very solid.

Before (with DD VFG):

IMG_0815.jpg

After (pictured in a LaRue Discreet Case).

IMG_0838.jpg

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    6794002138_165395b920_z.jpg

Bad photo, but you get the idea. PSA upper, essential arms lower, and magpul furniture. I have a quad rail for it, but, being a 14.5" the flash hider is pinned and welded so I need to get a two piece gas block for it before I can put the sucker on.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    6794002138_165395b920_z.jpg

Bad photo, but you get the idea. PSA upper, essential arms lower, and magpul furniture. I have a quad rail for it, but, being a 14.5" the flash hider is pinned and welded so I need to get a two piece gas block for it before I can put the sucker on.
    So you can't change your quad rail without a new gasblock if its 14.5? Or is the quad rail freefloat?

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The quad rail is free floating, but you need to get the gas block off to put the new barrel nut on, and the gas block won't fit over the flash hider.

Quite the catch-22 it seems. YHM makes a low profile two piece one that I think I'm going to get, since I don't want a railed one, since it seems useless to me.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    The quad rail is free floating, but you need to get the gas block off to put the new barrel nut on, and the gas block won't fit over the flash hider.

Quite the catch-22 it seems. YHM makes a low profile two piece one that I think I'm going to get, since I don't want a railed one, since it seems useless to me.

I'm in the 14.5 club. i'm beginning to think I made a mistake on my AR15 build putting a 14.5 barrel on it of course its my first and currently only AR15 so I an change it down the road.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I like the length. I just hate the issue with the quad rail, because I don't mind the front sight, yet I'll have to change it out to get the rail on.

Gotta pay to play I guess. Lol

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I like the length. I just hate the issue with the quad rail, because I don't mind the front sight, yet I'll have to change it out to get the rail on.

Gotta pay to play I guess. Lol

The length is great. Just the fact that it has so many limitations.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Yeah. I originally wanted a 16", but psa was sold out, and a friend convinced me that the 14.5 has a much better balance than the 16. He's right, but the pinned flash hider is quite annoying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom