• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The Vortex PST 1-4 is a bit heavier than some other options out there. My goal was to add weight since my DD is the light weight model and believe it or not, a bit lighter than I would like. Therefor the Vortex put the weight over the top of the receiver which is exactly where I wanted it. Dont' get me wrong, it's not obnoxious but will add some weight.

As far as the reticle goes, I like it a lot and as I've read other don't. It's a personal preference and maybe one you should look at first hand before making the purchase. The glass is clear as can be which is really where it shines over the Leupold. The leupold is a bit blurry on the edges which bothers me. Thirdly the Vortex is a true 1x where the Leupold is not which also was very important to me that my choice included a true 1x scope.

With the no questions asked warranty on the Vortex you absolutely cannot go wrong. Personally, I think you will like it.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    At 1x, does the front sight bother you at all?

Not in the least bit, I don't even hardly notice it at all. Very usable at 1x and at 4x it's completely gone.

Otherwise I can just pull the QD tabs on the mount and remove the scope and flip up the rear sight for irons. Very quick and returns to zero when putting the scope back on.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    New MTAC scope for the AR, and finally got some BUIS on it. Very happy with how this one turned out. Ran flawlessly at the range.

b5fb8aa767a7b0c2e91d34cd67ca55f7_zps0946f1cd.jpg

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    New MTAC scope for the AR, and finally got some BUIS on it. Very happy with how this one turned out. Ran flawlessly at the range.

How are you liking that VRS-T rail? I was unsure about it and I went ahead and got one and I really like it. I prefer it over my Troy Alpha rail honestly. I really like the way if feels in my hands!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

Cant tell from the pic, is the scope on a quick detach? Just wondering how you are going to flip up your back buis(looks like it will hit the scope). It also looks backwards (the back buis) but cant tell for certain, but if it is and you turn it around, you can flip it up without removing the scope. I know some people like the buis facing forward instead of back, so not harping on that.

Otherwise looks good.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Love it. It's my favorite hand guard I've used.

How are you liking that VRS-T rail? I was unsure about it and I went ahead and got one and I really like it. I prefer it over my Troy Alpha rail honestly. I really like the way if feels in my hands!

Thanks, JollyMon. Technically, yes, it's on backwards. I prefer running it that way. Just works for me better. I may have to take your advise and turn it around to see if it'll open with the scope mounted. It won't open with the scope on right now.. If it does, maybe I'll have to just get used to the button being on the far side.

No qd on the mount. It's a primary arms mount. Just need a coin to take it off. I'd only ever take it off if it broke since the MTAC is real close to a true 1x and I can run it like a red dot with both eyes open.

Cant tell from the pic, is the scope on a quick detach? Just wondering how you are going to flip up your back buis(looks like it will hit the scope). It also looks backwards (the back buis) but cant tell for certain, but if it is and you turn it around, you can flip it up without removing the scope. I know some people like the buis facing forward instead of back, so not harping on that.

Otherwise looks good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom