• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Curtmac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    I was wondering what kind of wait is normal for the LTCH. I put my application in with Richmond on 4-22 and was told I would get a call when they finished my background check. Well I have never heard from them and the couple of times I've tried to call, I was told that the lady who does it is out and that it takes awhile. Is this normal, or should I raise a fuss about this with them?:dunno:

*edit* guess I should say that it's not the actual LTCH, but what the hometown police give to send to the state.

Last edited:

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    It took me 5 weeks to get my call back for Fingerprints from Vanderburgh Co. They like to take a while for little to no reason.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Local LEO shouldn't be more than a couple of days or a week at most. It's possible they completed it and sent it on to the state police for you. ISP's licensing division is currently running 8-12 weeks.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    haven't sent it to state yet. It's still stuck with the city since 4-22

I think I'd probably have one of those "****** conversations".

The good thing about LTCH in Indiana is that it's a shall iussue state. If you qualify, you're gonna get it. No harm in asking sternly WTF the holdup is; what are they gonna do, make you wait? :rolleyes:

Maybe you SHOULD be pissed off at the local agency who dropped the ball (and kicked it). 8 weeks is long enough. Time to **** or get off the pot.

Maybe call the chief, or whoever is in charge of what is apparently a horrendously unorganized department.

I can only imagine if I had to wait 8 weeks, just to wait another 8 weeks (or more, as it seems the ISP is running 50/50 on getting their end of the bargain done in time).

/end sarcastic rant

Seriously, I'd call the man in charge......

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    give old Wolski a call. Or maybe go down to Square Donuts in the morning and find him there.

Seriously though it should not take any time at all. I had an appointment with Centerville Police in January, 20 minutes later Chief Hart signed it and it was sent off to the state. I have also done it before with WCSD when I lived in the county; they took a week for the sheriff to review it. Weeks is ridiculous.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i got my local check done in 3 days, then the 10.5 weeks from the day i mailed it to the ISP. that was in mid-december.

my wife applied in late march....7 days for local, 6 weeks for ISP.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Once again I would like to applaud our local sheriff in Franklin County. In most cases, you can walk in, fill out the form, get printed and leave all in the same short trip. I sure feel sorry for those who have to wait!!!!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Once again I would like to applaud our local sheriff in Franklin County. In most cases, you can walk in, fill out the form, get printed and leave all in the same short trip. I sure feel sorry for those who have to wait!!!!
    What he said!
    In Lafayette, you submit your application to local LE, get printed, and leave WITH your paperwork for the state. Mail it in, and wait.
    My Lifetime LTCH took about 4 weeks back in '07. My brother applied for, and received his in only 2 weeks!
    Somebody is dragging their feet!

Curtmac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    The good thing about LTCH in Indiana is that it's a shall iussue state. If you qualify, you're gonna get it. No harm in asking sternly WTF the holdup is; what are they gonna do, make you wait? :rolleyes:
    Was wondering about that, didn't want to **** them off and then have them shoot me down.

Curtmac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    I had an appointment with Centerville Police in January, 20 minutes later Chief Hart signed it and it was sent off to the state.
    That makes me really wish I still lived in Centerville, would have no problem getting it done with Hart. He's been a close family friend for years, and his boy is one of my best buds.

Top Bottom