• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I want to upgrade my AR to better suit an appleseed. I plan on using the A2 sights/carry handle but I need to find a free float tube to attach the sling to. Do they make National Match handguards in carbine length?

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I want to upgrade my AR to better suit an appleseed. I plan on using the A2 sights/carry handle but I need to find a free float tube to attach the sling to. Do they make National Match handguards in carbine length?

Can't say that I've ever seen one in carbine length. Of course, you can always just run any free-float rail system to accomplish the same.

Though I will say this. If you're looking to have an appleseed-ish AR, I would strongly suggest finding a way into a 20"er.

I'm sure 210+ has been achieved with carbine length irons by a few people, but the geometric advantage of a longer sight radius is invaluable.

Edit: If you go the rail mount, you can always just run one of these (https://danieldefense.com/mounts/sling/rail-mount-qd-swivel-attachment-point.html). I do.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Can't say that I've ever seen one in carbine length. Of course, you can always just run any free-float rail system to accomplish the same.

Though I will say this. If you're looking to have an appleseed-ish AR, I would strongly suggest finding a way into a 20"er.

I'm sure 210+ has been achieved with carbine length irons by a few people, but the geometric advantage of a longer sight radius is invaluable.

Edit: If you go the rail mount, you can always just run one of these (https://danieldefense.com/mounts/sling/rail-mount-qd-swivel-attachment-point.html). I do.

Yeah, I am trying to find just any tube right now. MAybe later I can find a NM tube and cut/weld it down or invest in a 20" upper or complete AR.

Right now I have a very tight budget and I'm going with what I have.

I will definitely post up pics when I am done with my best target :D

Top Bottom